The Vice President, Investments position is based at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles and oversees investment opportunities from sourcing through close, with a focus on venture capital investment opportunities that offer high upside.
The Vice President, Investments role offers exciting opportunities to leverage your skills and experience while contributing to OCV’s vision. You’ll work in a supportive, growth-oriented environment and work with entrepreneurs, talented management teams, and experienced industry experts to evaluate venture capital investment opportunities. The VP will be responsible for negotiating key deal documents including NDAs, term sheets, and definitive purchase agreements. The VP is also responsible for assisting the principals of the firm with business development and deal sourcing activities.
In addition to handling investment functions, you’ll serve in a leadership role, overseeing and mentoring Associates.
Ideal candidates should have prior experience sourcing and performing diligence in an investment role, exhibit fundamental knowledge of the technology and/or healthcare space, and be comfortable in a lean team environment.
Characteristics crucial to success in this role:
- Experience in leading a deal
- Experience in negotiations and commercial relationship building
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Strong networking skills and ability to identify investment opportunities
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment and flexibility to adapt to dynamic market conditions
- Strong leadership skills
- Quantitative proficiency
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Master of Business Administration from a top-tier business school
- At least 7-10 years of post-MBA investment experience (VC, PE, or Investment Banking)
Strong investment background having completed numerous transactions including negotiating documentation
About OCV Partners
OCV is a Los Angeles based venture fund that to date has raised $261M. OCV invests in, owns, and operates companies with differentiated technologies and compelling target markets, with the overriding objective of creating sustainable long-term value. As value-additive partners focused on innovation, operational efficiency, and sound management, we have a proven track record helping businesses realize their true potential. Our core focus sectors include: information technology, cloud businesses, e-commerce, media & telecommunications, life sciences & healthcare, and clean technology.
If interested, please apply here.