M13 is not your typical venture capital firm. We’re a full-service “venture engine” with a platform of experts and resources to help our founding teams proactively navigate risks and excel at execution. Founded in 2016 with offices in Los Angeles and New York, M13 invests in consumer tech companies by pairing early-stage founders with experienced full-time operating partners in strategic areas such as brand, talent, data, and operations to enable better day-to-day decisions.
M13 is growing significantly, and we’re ready to bring on our next senior investor. We’ve made significant investments in early-stage consumer technology—specifically in the future of work, wellness, commerce, money, and with a cultural focus on how Web 3.0 is powering these sectors. With this growth comes an opportunity to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to the table as we look to add even more diverse experience to our core investment team based in LA and NY.
We are approaching the search from a new perspective to make sure we’re looking as broadly and deeply as possible to find the best person for the team. To that end, we’re eschewing the traditional job description for a small set of must-haves and intentions for how this person will complement and add their unique brand of firepower to M13.
What you bring to the role:
- A strong track record of success in sourcing and leading seed and Series A deals
- Deep founder and venture networks, particularly in Silicon Valley
- Excitement about our core investment thesis areas and the ability to expand on them additively
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with an amazing group of humans across the entire M13 ecosystem
What’s in it for you:
- One Team, One Dream – A chance to work alongside world-class VC talent in a collaborative and developmentally-focused culture that is respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring. You’ll do the best work of your life here and have fun doing it.
- Comprehensive Health Package – Medical, dental, and vision plans that are thoughtful and supportive of the needs of each M13 employee.
- Open PTO Policy – We’re focused on healthy work/life balance and therefore set no firm guidelines as to how much time off each employee is permitted to take.
- Investment in Your Future – Employee Profit Sharing Program and 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching for all employees.
- Many more excellent perks are available within our comprehensive benefits program.
We are a venture firm built by industry-leading operating executives to help founders make better decisions and win in their category. We believe founders deserve an investor who propels them on their mission of transforming an idea into a successful company while staying out of their way. This is why we are building a Venture Engine, a full-service venture firm that provides the right people, platform, and partnerships for founding teams to build high-velocity businesses. M13 injects capital to fuel high growth while helping founding teams fill gaps in their businesses through our Propulsion Team, which provides strategic counsel, operational expertise, and a constellation of talent, experts, and resources to accelerate growth. Where we see whitespace in industry, our Launchpad develops the right founding teams, products, and practices to incubate and launch an idea from inception. Just like the stars of cluster M13, we believe that together we shine brighter. We believe that advancement is a team mission. Our proven paradigm for success will create more winning companies and demonstrate that when investors and founding teams are aligned on a venture together, they can redefine what’s possible. M13 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
If interested, please apply here.