Moonshots Capital makes seed stage investments in technology startups led by exceptional founders who are building products that “re-imagine” work and personal life in large and growing markets. We bring a disciplined approach to the investment process to identify companies with “moonshot” potential. We invest in passionate, high-caliber founders with BIG ideas who are building products to change the future. We form close working relationships with the companies we back to help them grow and achieve their critical milestones. Our investment thesis is simple: LEADERSHIP is the most critical factor in determining the success of a venture. Kelly Perdew and Craig Cummings are the founding partners of the firm and work in Los Angeles and Austin.
We are looking to bring on two MBA interns for the summer of 2019 to work with our partners in Austin and Los Angeles. The intern will receive tremendous exposure to venture capital on all aspects of the deal process including diligence and primary research, and portfolio company support. Position is unpaid.
- Assist with content marketing and curation/research of/for thought leadership
- Discrete projects for portfolio companies (i.e. competitive matrices)
- Support the team in day-to-day fund operations
- Contribute to fund marketing efforts which are directed to both our external community and to our investors, including managing our social media platforms
- Gather and analyze information from reliable public and private sources to inform our decision making process
- Structure complex problems and deliver objective insights to the Investment team
- Rapidly develop a clear understanding of industries and technologies related to our deal pipeline
- Understand and stay current on relevant venture capital and high growth sector trends
- Current graduate student, MBA preferred
- Desire to learn the VC business and investing in early stage startups
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Project and process management experience
- Excellent execution, project management, and time management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills – able to communicate complexity simply
- Comfortable working in teams and interacting with colleagues, portfolio companies and partners at all levels; high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Positive attitude, independent and self-starting
- Creative problem-solver
- Enjoys getting involved in a wide variety of areas and activities
Experience with Project Management Software (Slack/Google Docs), Portfolio Software (Carta), and CRM software (Pipedrive, Mailchimp) is a plus.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.