In this new frontier — one where execution is the difference — investors need to take a more integrated approach to provide the operational counsel, network of talent and experts, and executional resources to impact the trajectory of a company. As former founders and operators, we have scaled teams, driven successful revenue growth, and sold high-growth businesses. We have been there before and are best suited to take on this challenge and propel the next generation of founders.
We are looking to bring on an MBA Investment Associate for the summer of 2019. This presents a rare and exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor to help deploy capital and invest in a new fund. The MBA Associate will receive tremendous exposure to venture capital and the consumer technology industry while gaining experience in all aspects of the deal process including investment thesis development, diligence and primary research, and portfolio company support. As an M13 Ventures team member, you will be empowered to learn about the behaviors indicative of successful companies in the consumer tech space.
Who we’re looking for
- Enrolled in a top-tier MBA program, ideally in your first year
- Performance history at an investment bank, consulting firm, technology company, eCommerce company, start-up company, or venture fund preferred
- Demonstrated passion for consumer technology and entrepreneurship
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; can navigate financial models and large data sets to distill the key points and tell a story
- Personal integrity, initiative, quantitative expertise, strong communication skills, and the ability to work as an effective part of a team are essential
What you’ll do
- Assist in the sourcing, evaluation, structuring, and execution of investment opportunities
- Identify creative and structured methods to uncovering insights that will drive and develop investment themes
- Oversee portfolio tracking and periodic reporting to general partners, limited partners, and external parties
- Work with M13 executive team and portfolio company CEO/CMOs to assist in strategy formation and execution
- Identify emerging trends and business KPIs and report to the team on a regular basis
- Create compelling, detailed investment recommendation decks for presentation to M13 Ventures Team and other M13 executives
What’s in it for you
- One Team, One Dream – A chance to work alongside world-class talent in a collaborative culture that is respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring
- Competitive monthly stipend
- Spectacular office space in Santa Monica
At M13, we are building a team of industry-leading operating executives to help founders make better decisions and win in their category. We believe founders deserve an investor who propels them on their mission of transforming an idea into a successful company, while staying out of their way. This is why we are building a Venture Engine, a full-service venture firm that provides the right people, platform, and partnerships for founding teams to build high-velocity businesses.
M13 injects capital to fuel high-growth, while helping founding teams fill gaps in their businesses through our Propulsion Team, which provides strategic counsel, operational expertise, and a constellation of talent, experts, and resources to accelerate growth. Where we see whitespace in an industry, our Launchpad develops the right founding teams, products, and practices to incubate and launch an idea from inception.
Just like the stars of the cluster M13, we believe that together we shine brighter. We believe that advancement is a team mission. Our proven paradigm for success will create more winning companies and demonstrate that when investors and founding teams are aligned on a venture together, they can redefine what’s possible.
M13 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
If interested, please apply here.