Inovexus is a venture capital firm and global acceleration firm that focuses on cross-border rapid value growth for pre-seed and early stage European tech startups. With offices in Los Angeles and Paris, Inovexus boosts company value by offering funding, acceleration and strategic services for startups in the following innovative industries: Digital Media, Big Data, Sports-Tech, Cyber Security, Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence.
Inovexus is actively seeking a candidate for an Associate internship. Working with senior leadership on the following primary responsibilities:
Support of Portfolio Companies
- Monitor financial/operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies, and review with management team
- Execute growth and operational improvement strategies in order to maximize value
- Participate in all aspects of investment transactions, including: sourcing (in some cases), due diligence, analysis, financial modeling, structuring, negotiation and documentation
- Formulate investment cases to present to the Director of Operations
- Develop detailed operating and financial models to support leadership decisions; model capital structure scenarios, and perform sensitivity analysis
The 2018 Associate role is an unpaid internship that will initially last 12 weeks (renewable). The qualified candidate will be working for a minimum for 20 hours per week as agreed with Inovexus up-front. At the end of the internship period, there is an opportunity to convert this role into a full-time paid Associate position.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with an interest in working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Pursuing an MBA or equivalent degree with an emphasis on finance and entrepreneurship
- Previous experience e.g. through accomplished internship in an investment bank is advantageous though not necessary
- Strong qualitative and analytical skillset, including detailed knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build financial models and decks with speed
- Must be a self starter
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to independently initiate and contribute ideas
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently
- Being open-minded and flexible
If interested, please apply here.