We are a growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We look for creativity, craftsmanship, and the ability to solve difficult problems. Our passion is building products and services for new companies that change people’s lives. Together, we are helping our partners own the next horizon of innovation and create magic.
The Role: Venture Architect.
Our venture architects are a group of world-class business leaders, corporate strategists, product specialists and designers. They determine how our ventures will grow and disrupt industries, and they develop operative blueprints by designing the marketing, pricing and operational structures needed to commercialize new products and businesses. During your internship,you’ll work with and be mentored by other Venture Architects, and you’ll take responsibility for specific components of a venture. As a team member, you’ll gain a 360-degree perspective on life at BCG DV – from working on ventures and participating in product stand-ups to socializing with colleagues.
How you think – You balance problem-solving and creative-ideation techniques to surface innovative and disruptive ideas. Though you’re a leader and teammate first, you act like an owner and founder, bringing an entrepreneurial mindset and energy to the work of launching and pivoting products and businesses. When it comes to partnerships, you thrive on negotiation and analysis.
How you work – Defining operating models and the scale and structure of ventures motivates every decision you make. You identify business model options for startup ventures and define their commercial launch and go-to-market strategies. You manage all of the deals that build your business and constantly assess the competitive landscape from a product design, business model and marketing perspective.
We are looking for students currently pursuing an MBA. The 10-week internship program will allow interns to gain valuable experience to work on one of our current Ventures.
As a Venture Architect Intern, you will need:
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA from an accredited university
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams (preferred) and/or experience with a top-tier consulting firm, technology firm or VC fund.
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Abilities planning, prioritizing and organizing work effectively and efficiently within a team
- Creative problem solving skills
- 1+ years experience with strategy development, business planning and go-to-market strategy definition and execution, as well as quantitative and financial modeling
As a Venture Architect intern, you will use your skills to:
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the industry
- Perform competitive analysis and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Size the existing customer market, as well as identify trends and relative positioning
- Analyze start-up deal flow to understand imminent disruptions and identify tech acceleration opportunities
- Establish key performance indicators for venture outcomes while also defining the business model and case for new ventures, products and services
- Define the business model options and case for new ventures, products and services
- Develop the economic model and business plan for new ventures, products and services
- Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers
- Assess internal capabilities and capacities to develop a sourcing strategy
- Create the framing report (an overview and explanation of the project scope, objective and hypothesis) for new initiatives
- Collaborate with the Strategic Design and Product Development leads, as well as clients, to define a minimum viable business build (or product / service)
- Define venture structure and help stand up new companies
- Create go-to-market strategies and help execute on them through collaboration with DV and corporate partner growth teams
Additional Valued Capabilities Include:
- Design or product development expertise including prototyping and testing
- Exposure to Venture Capital
- Demonstrated leadership across all stages of the BCG Digital Ventures business model, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
If interested, please apply here.