BAM Ventures is an early-stage consumer-focused fund based in Los Angeles, CA. We are searching for the next iconic consumer businesses, and invest in both consumer technologies as well as consumer packaged goods and services. We are often the first institutional investors in the companies that we invest in, and as long-time operators and entrepreneurs ourselves, we take a founder-focused approach to our investment thesis.
We are looking to bring on an MBA Investment Associate to help the team with all aspects of the diligence and decision-making process including but not limited to industry overview, financial analysis, market research, and pitch meetings. This role is a great opportunity for an individual interested in the venture capital or start-up ecosystem to get hands-on exposure to all the inputs involved in being an early-stage consumer investor.
Ideal Associate candidate qualifications include:
• MBA preferred
• Prior experience in consumer-facing business, finance, consulting, technology, or venture fund
• Demonstrated passion for consumer-focused businesses, brands, and entrepreneurship
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills; can navigate financial models and large data sets to distill the key points and tell a story
• An ability to think creatively to identify emerging trends and social cues
• Thorough research skills, strong listener, self-starter, effective communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with other team members and founders
Location: Los Angeles, CA
How to Apply: Please email email@example.com with your resume and/or LinkedIn profile link. Please include the following: 1) a short blurb in the body of the email as to why you are interested in the position, why you believe you’d be a good fit, and work availability; and 2) your favorite brand and why.
Applicants that are selected beyond the preliminary stage will then be given a sample case study to complete followed by an in-person interview.