B Capital is looking for a Summer Associate Intern who will join us for the upcoming summer in either San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York. The ideal candidate is a first year MBA student willing to commit 10-12 weeks for an in person internship. Primary responsibilities will be sourcing new opportunities, researching markets, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed due diligence. The individual will work across all four of our primary industry verticals – consumer enablement, financial services/insurance, health/wellness, and industrial/transportation. This requires maturity, flexibility, a willingness to learn, and proven record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
Basic Job Responsibilities
- Develop investment theses. Our associates are closest to the markets and drive large pieces of our investment blueprint.
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
Deal screening and evaluation
- Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
Deal process utility player
- Proactively source deals in market through an established network.
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.).
Basic Job Requirements
- Passion for disruptive technology.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, operating experience either at a technology company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent).
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious – particularly in terms of new and emerging technologies.
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required.
- Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
- Exposure to core venture capital “math” skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and familiarity with standard venture terms and concepts a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic.
About b Capital
B Capital Group is a global firm specializing in equity investing in venture and growth-stage companies that have achieved traction with customers. Through our extensive global network and exclusive partnership with The Boston Consulting Group, B Capital helps high growth startups navigate business challenges, raise capital and attract talented leadership at key points of their journeys to scale. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Singapore, B Capital believes innovation can come from anywhere. Our unique multinational presence and deep industry knowledge have enabled us to build a portfolio of startups in Enterprise application software, Infrastructure, Security and AI/ML, Fintech and Insurtech and HealthcareTech and Bio IT that are transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies. Portfolio companies include AImotive, Atomwise, Blackbuck, Bounce, Bright.md, CXA, Evidation Health, Icertis, INTURN, Plastiq, Ninja Van, Notable Labs and SilverCloud Health.
B Capital Group Core Values
- Honest – We speak the truth to others and ourselves, but always with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, we are intellectually honest, and we are not afraid to say what we know and what we don’t.
- Open – We are constantly evolving, and always looking for ways to better ourselves and our communications, to increase transparency, and improve as a team.
- Trustworthy – Our people and the culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other.
- Humble – As we advance, we stay humble and never declare victory, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. When we operate with low ego, we are open to new perspectives, allowing us to learn and improve.
- Collaborative – We are one team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and we work to lift each other up, knowing that we are better together. We bring the best of our firm to every interaction, leveraging our partners. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- Bold – We are bold and willing to take risks and understand that means that we will at times fail. We learn from our failures, we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- Persistent – To build enduring success, the long-term must prevail over the short-term. Sometimes winning in the long-term looks like losing in the short-term. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that our race is a marathon, not a sprint.
If interested, please apply here.