The UCLA Technology Development Group serves as a campus-wide gateway to Innovation, Research and Entrepreneurship. Our mission is to promote UCLA innovation, research, teaching and entrepreneurship to benefit society; create economic value to support UCLA’s scholarly and educational missions and the State of California; and lead UCLA’s research community to bring innovation to market.
TDG seeks a self-starter to support UCLA startup companies and aid in commercializing scientific research in the life and physical sciences as a New Ventures Associate. The ideal candidate will have one to two years of experience in management consulting, financial services, and/or venture capital and a background working with scientific innovation.
The job duties of the New Ventures Associate are varied with significant emphasis on research & strategy, project management support, outreach support, and other duties. Main duties center around UCLA Innovation Fund support and assistance with advancing early-stage biomedical research (i.e., Therapeutics and MedTech) to meet key commercial milestones. Work assignments are project oriented and self-driven. The incumbent is expected to work independently with minimal direction on a variety of projects designed to foster the creation and success of UCLA-founded startup companies, de-risk early stage academic science, and enhance entrepreneurial activities on campus.
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA’s official job posting.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of work experience in financial services, management consulting, and/or venture capital.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint to assist with financial analyses and messaging to be presented to campus and external executives.
- Scientific laboratory research experience, ideally in a university lab, preferred.
- Ability to deliver and experience with delivering concise updates to supervisor to keep him/her apprised of various activities and potential issues of concern
If interested, please apply here.