TCG Capital Management (“TCG”) is an investment firm based in Los Angeles and San Francisco which invests in consumer internet, media, commerce, sports, and wellness companies. Investments include Headspace, Barstool Sports, The Action Network, The Athletic, Hodinkee, Surfline, Scopely, Everlywell as well as many others.
TCG is looking for an exceptional Associate to play a critical role in driving the success and growth of the Firm. The Associate will be a core member of the TCG team and will focus on:
- Being a key player in each stage of the investment process, starting with deal origination and evaluation all the way through to portfolio company support.
- Finding and meeting with companies and entrepreneurs, build and develop killer investment theses, and drive rigorous and insightful transaction analysis.
- Working with our portfolio companies, helping them be awesome businesses. We have a track record of working with world-class consumer brands, we go to work for our portfolio companies, and we will mentor and develop you into the best investment professional you can be.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Spearhead investment analysis, including diving head first into markets, conducting competitive benchmarking, nitty-gritty financial analysis, modeling, and valuation
- Educate our investment team and push our thinking to the next level by preparing and presenting thoughtful materials on potential investments and new ideas
- Build a strong and deep network of operators and investors that you can rely upon to help you find and diligence awesome companies
- Explore big-picture investment themes and dig deep into ways to take advantage of emerging consumer trends
- Perform rigorous financial due diligence and participate in all aspects of transaction execution to ensure we are doing the right deals, the right way
- Work with our portfolio companies across a variety of cross-functional projects to help them build bigger, better businesses
Candidate Background & Attributes
- Likely worked for a couple years in either investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or venture capital
- Maybe you started your career at a fast-growing company or founded your own venture and now are passionate about learning to be an investor
- Hard-charging self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and passion for unearthing the next compelling consumer business
- You have excellent communication skills and aren’t afraid to ask questions, form educated opinions, and speak your mind in a room full of smart people
- You obsess over attention to detail, are highly organized, and feel right at home working with numbers and analytics
- You are a hustler – quickly gathering and synthesizing information, learning on the fly, and drawing insightful and informed conclusions
- You thrive in both team-based and self-directed environments, constantly on your toes and adapting to the priorities and tasks at hand
If interested, please apply here.