March Capital Partners is a Santa Monica-based technology investment firm that backs bold entrepreneurs in pursuit of big outcomes. Investing globally, March looks for high-growth potential at the early stage and provides growth capital to breakout companies that are defining their industries as they scale. Specifically, we do multi-stage venture capital and growth equity investing, with a sweet spot in Series A through C. We are hands-on and value-add, with over $500 million under management.
As a growing firm, we are seeking a talented investment Associate to bolster the team, with an emphasis on our consumer efforts, including esports/gaming. In addition, the Associate will work across sectors, conducting research, meeting entrepreneurs, and collaborating across the March Capital team.
- Conduct market research on industry trends and sectors, with an emphasis on consumer technology
- Develop a point-of-view at both the macro (industry trends) and micro (specific companies) levels
- Take investor pitch meetings with entrepreneurs and track internal deal flow
- Represent March Capital at industry events and build relationships within the startup, market leader, and investor ecosystems
- Perform diligence on potential investments – market sizing, technology walkthroughs, industry trends, competitive landscapes, financial modeling, and reference calls
- Create presentation materials for internal and external consumption, as well as investment memos for specific deals
- Assist portfolio companies with projects such as industry reviews and competitive analysis
- Passion for startups, new technology consumption methods, and investing
- Analytical mindset; ability and experience in synthesizing large amounts of information to ascertain what matters and to create models that forecast outcomes
- 3+ years experience in the technology industry, such as a high-growth startup or innovative market leader
- High level of maturity and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Excellent ability and willingness to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments
To be considered for this position, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
- One early-stage company that you recommend we invest in and why (investment memo is a plus)
- OPTIONAL: any work product that demonstrates your level of quality: presentation, blog post, etc.