March Capital Partners is an LA-based venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs in pursuit of big outcomes. Investing primarily in the US, March looks for high-growth potential in its early stage investments (Series A/B). For breakout companies, March provides growth capital (Series C+) that allows founders to define their industries at scale.
We are hands-on, value-add investors with $1 billion under management across 3 funds. Since 2013, we have made more than 40 investments and seen 7 exits, most recently with CrowdStrike (NASDAQ: CRWD). Other representative investments include ActionIQ, ASAPP, Descartes Labs, Earnin, Forter, SparkCognition, SpyCloud, and Uniphore.
As a growing firm, we are seeking a talented Investment Associate to bolster the team. The Associate will focus on enterprise software and/or fintech, conducting research, meeting entrepreneurs, and collaborating with the March Capital team on investments and portfolio companies.
- Conduct market research on industry trends and sectors
- Develop a point-of-view at both the macro (industry trends) and micro (specific companies) levels
- Take investor pitch meetings with entrepreneurs, evaluate investments, and track internal deal flow
- Represent March Capital at industry events and build relationships within the startup, market leader, and investor ecosystems
- Perform diligence on potential investments – market sizing, technology walkthroughs, industry trends, competitive landscapes, financial modeling, and reference calls
- Create presentation materials for internal and external consumption, as well as investment memos for specific deals
- Assist portfolio companies with projects such as industry reviews and competitive analysis
- Passion for investing, new technologies, and startups
- Analytical mindset; ability and experience in synthesizing large amounts of information to ascertain what matters and to create models that forecast outcomes
- 3+ years of full-time experience, which could at a high-growth startup, innovative market leader, investment bank, management consultancy, technology research firm, or similar.
- High level of maturity and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Excellent ability and willingness to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments
- OPTIONAL: advanced degree such as an MBA
To be considered for this position, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
- Recommendation of a startup where you would consider an investment (note: a few paragraphs can be just as impactful as a longer write-up).