March Capital Partners is a Santa Monica-based venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs in pursuit of big outcomes. Focus areas include AI-native software, cloud infrastructure, vertical SaaS, cybersecurity, and fintech.
Investing globally, March looks for high-growth potential in its early stage investments (Series A/B). For breakout companies, March provides growth capital (Series C) that allows founders to define their industries as they scale. We are hands-on, value-add investors. We are currently investing out of our $300 million Fund II, after launching with an inaugural $240 million Fund I. Since 2014, we have made more than 40 investments and seen 7 exits.
As a growing firm, we are seeking a talented Investment Associate to bolster the team. The Associate will work across sectors, conducting research, meeting entrepreneurs, and collaborating with the March Capital team.
- Conduct market research on industry trends and sectors
- Develop a point-of-view at both the macro (industry trends) and micro (specific companies) levels
- Take investor pitch meetings with entrepreneurs and track internal deal flow
- Represent March Capital at industry events and build relationships within the startup, market leader, and investor ecosystems
- Perform diligence on potential investments – market sizing, technology walkthroughs, industry trends, competitive landscapes, financial modeling, and reference calls
- Create presentation materials for internal and external consumption, as well as investment memos for specific deals
- Assist portfolio companies with projects such as industry reviews and competitive analysis
- Passion for startups, new technology consumption methods, and investing
- Analytical mindset; ability and experience in synthesizing large amounts of information to ascertain what matters and to create models that forecast outcomes
- 2-5 years experience in the technology industry, which could at a high-growth startup, innovative market leader, TMT banking group, or management consultant
- High level of maturity and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Excellent ability and willingness to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments
To be considered for this position, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
- One early-stage company that you recommend we invest in and why
If interested, please apply here.