M13 has recently closed our Fund II, and as we begin to build our consumer-tech focused portfolio, we are looking to bring on an Associate to join our LA-based team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of LA’s newest and largest early-stage venture funds. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our Partners and touch all aspects of the investment process, from sourcing to diligence, deal execution. We’re looking for candidates who are excited about consumer technology and possess the energy, creativity and drive to help us create a world-class venture portfolio.
Who You Are
- You are deeply passionate about consumer technology and entrepreneurship, with an empathy for the founder journey
- You are analytical in your approach – you can build and navigate financial models, cap tables and large data sets to distill the key points and tell a story
- You are agile, responsive, and adaptable; capable of balancing competing priorities with ease while remaining self-sufficient and attentive to detail and accuracy
- You are tenacious, particularly with due diligence and sourcing efforts You are comfortable and proficient working with data, including using Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint to manipulate data/build reports and create impactful presentations
- You have relevant experience (typically at either an investment bank, consulting firm, technology company or venture fund)
What you’ll be doing:
- Deal sourcing via 1) direct outbound, 2) entrepreneurs and 3) venture firms and 4) others through your professional network
- Maintaining relationships and actively tracking founders ahead of potential financing events
- Supporting deal due diligence with deep market analysis, financial modeling and references Researching new markets and industry trends within the consumer technology space as part of the firm’s investment theses
- Providing help with tracking of portfolio companies, including collecting KPIs and financials from management teams
- Continuing to grow and develop yourself by regularly engaging in training and education as provided by M13 (e.g., financial modeling, valuations, cap table analysis)
At M13, we are building a team of industry-leading operating executives to help founders make better decisions and win in their category. We believe founders deserve an investor who propels them on their mission of transforming an idea into a successful company, while staying out of their way. This is why we are building a Venture Engine, a full-service venture firm that provides the right people, platform, and partnerships for founding teams to build high-velocity businesses.
M13 injects capital to fuel high-growth, while helping founding teams fill gaps in their businesses through our Propulsion Team, which provides strategic counsel, operational expertise, and a constellation of talent, experts, and resources to accelerate growth. Where we see whitespace in an industry, our Launchpad develops the right founding teams, products, and practices to incubate and launch an idea from inception.
Just like the stars of the cluster M13, we believe that together we shine brighter. We believe that advancement is a team mission. Our proven paradigm for success will create more winning companies and demonstrate that when investors and founding teams are aligned on a venture together, they can redefine what’s possible.
M13 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
If interested, please apply here.