We are hiring an Investment Associate to join our Los Angeles based team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to one of LA’s largest early-stage venture funds. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our Partners and touch all aspects of the investment process, from sourcing to diligence and deal execution. We’re looking for candidates who are excited about consumer technology and possess the energy, creativity and drive to help us create a world-class venture portfolio.
Who You Are
- You are deeply passionate about consumer technology and entrepreneurship, with an empathy for the founder journey
- You are analytical in your approach – you can build and navigate financial models, cap tables and large data sets to distill the key points and tell a story
- You are agile, responsive, and adaptable; capable of balancing competing priorities with ease while remaining self-sufficient and attentive to detail and accuracy
- You are tenacious, particularly with due diligence and sourcing efforts
- You are comfortable and proficient working with data, including using Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint to manipulate data/build reports and create impactful presentations
- You have relevant experience (typically at either an investment bank, consulting firm, technology company or venture fund)
What you’ll be doing:
- Building financial models
- Deal sourcing via 1) direct outbound, 2) entrepreneurs and 3) venture firms and 4) others through your professional network
- Maintaining relationships and actively tracking founders ahead of potential financing events
- Supporting deal due diligence with deep market analysis, financial modeling and references
- Researching new markets and industry trends within the consumer technology space as part of the firm’s investment theses
- Providing help with tracking of portfolio companies, including collecting KPIs and financials from management teams
- Continuing to grow and develop yourself by regularly engaging in training and education as provided by M13 (e.g., financial modeling, valuations, cap table analysis)
What’s in it for you:
- One Team, One Dream – A chance to work alongside world-class VC talent in a collaborative and developmentally-focused culture that is respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring. You’ll do the best work of your life here and have fun doing it.
- Comprehensive Health Package – Medical, dental, and vision plans that are thoughtful and supportive of the needs of each M13 employee
- Open PTO Policy – We’re focused on healthy work/life balance and therefore set no firm guidelines as to how much time off each employee is permitted to take
- Investment in Your Future – Employee Profit Sharing Program and 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching for all employees. Many more excellent perks available within our comprehensive benefits program
At M13, we are building a team of industry-leading operating executives to help founders make better decisions and win in their category. We believe founders deserve an investor who propels them on their mission of transforming an idea into a successful company, while staying out of their way. This is why we are building a Venture Engine, a full-service venture firm that provides the right people, platform, and partnerships for founding teams to build high-velocity businesses.
If interested, please apply here.