We are looking for an Investment Associate, Physical Sciences, at our venture capital firm. This is your chance to join an already successful investments platform, focusing on cutting edge science-related technologies at their inception, with plenty of upside to be had.
You are a scientist with an interest in applied business concepts, who will work with a dynamic team where creativity, passion, and learning are core values in the development of innovative new research products. As an integral part of a multifunctional team of professionals who drive the discovery and development of new technologies for life and physical science incubators and start-ups, you have an acute interest in a broad range of scientific topics along with the ability to apply them to ongoing research.
More specifically, you have a strong physical sciences background (Physics/ Electrical Engineering), but you do not shy away from exposure to science projects that have not been directly linked to your core areas of expertise. You will be primarily responsible for supporting the investment team in the overall management of the platform, including monitoring existing investments and supporting senior members in executing new investments processes. The position involves working with research projects, business plans, financial analysis, and due diligence reports.
The candidate will be energetic, focused, and highly detail oriented. Excellent communication and analytical skills are essential. Ability to explain sophisticated concepts in simple terms is primordial. The ideal candidate will be able to use entrepreneurial skills to solve problems and improve results.
• High research acumen;
• Academic minded, with education (PhD is a requirement: in Physics or Electrical Engineering required) and professional background in science and curiosity about developing expertise around science developments (MBA as additional degree is highly desired);
• Must show technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought;
• Strong knowledge of scientific principles and concepts required;
• Nimble ability to delve into new areas is paramount;
• Strong attention to detail; ability to assimilate and immerse yourself into a variety of science-related sectors;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Develop analyses and presentation materials used for internal and external purposes;
• Highly motivated and flexible, with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests;
• Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong team skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels of organization;
• Ability to stay organized and be responsive;
• A desire to continually expand and refine research abilities and knowledge;
• A commitment to ethical behavior, honesty, and forthrightness.
- Position based in Pasadena, CA.
- Relocation available.
If interested, please apply here.