After recently announcing our Fund III and Opportunity Fund I, we are looking to bring on two Associates to our investment team who will focus on sourcing and leading diligence on opportunities within our core focus areas, developing theses around this opportunity set, and supporting our founders within our portfolio. The role will be based in Los Angeles, requiring occasional work travel.
- 2–5 years of working in banking, consulting, private equity, venture capital, or at a startup. Prior Web3 or enterprise software experience is a plus. Pre or post-MBA candidates are welcome
- Self-starter — resourceful and able to independently run work streams, and also willing to be scrappy and think of creative solutions
- Great interpersonal skills — able to plug oneself in new communities, gain the respect of founders, and build meaningful relationships over time
- Strong communicator — excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to process and summarize information quickly. Strong social media skills / presence would be a bonus
- Avid curiosity — eager to learn about different industries and excitement to get involved with startups at the earliest stage
- Thought leader — determined to get to the right answers and interest in developing unique, data-driven perspectives on certain opportunities
- No ego and intellectual honesty — believes that everyone has an equal voice and that venture is played as a team sport
Who We Are
In Sweden, fika is an essential cultural activity that involves getting to know someone better over a cup of coffee. For us it is an excuse to spend time with the best and brightest as well as an opportunity to listen, create, and collaborate.
Fika Ventures is a Los Angeles based, sector focused (enterprise software, fintech, marketplaces, and digital health) seed fund started in 2016 and now manages over $300M in AUM backed by many of the industry’s top institutional investors. In 5 years, we’ve invested in some transformative companies including Pipe, OpenPath, Papaya Payments, Bowery Valuation, Elementary, Edge Impulse, among others.
At Fika, we seek to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds will give us the ultimate edge. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. We embrace these differences and hope that together, we can build a stronger and more equitable future.
We invite you to come join us and be part of the fika magic!
If you are interested in the Associate role, please apply here. You will be asked to submit your resume along with responses to the following thought exercise:
Sourcing, evaluating, and winning investment opportunities will be an important part of your role as an associate, and as we are a lean team, you may run a deal process independently. For this exercise, please pick one exciting seed stage opportunity (based in the US, Canada, or LatAm) within the sectors we focus on that has previously raised <$3M.
- Draft a quick cold outreach email that you would send to the founder.
- Imagine that you had 1 week from your first meeting to run a diligence process on a deal. Assuming resources are not a constraint, what would be your game plan?
- What are 3 reasons why you like this deal? (Quick bullet points are sufficient)
- Now that you have decided you want to do the deal, what would you say to the founder over email or do to win the deal?
We look forward to reading your application and will follow up with you soon!