Crossover is an early-stage venture capital firm founded by Silicon Valley veterans with more than 30 years of experience building and investing in private technology companies. We back determined founders who are building the startups today that will define the technology-driven New Economy tomorrow.
We are sector-agnostic and employ a hybrid strategy of investing in operator-led micro-VC funds that are the first call of today’s top founders, combined with our own direct sourcing initiatives. As an added differentiator in an ecosystem flush with capital, Crossover’s investor base is made up of a strategic network of prominent family offices, tech founders + execs, and more than 40 professional athletes and entertainers.
The Crossover team has invested and advised companies including Clubhouse, Life360, Raya, NTWRK, Notarize, Sundae, and dozens of others.
Crossover is seeking to hire an Associate to support the firm’s mission of being the strategic investor of choice for today’s top founders, and the premier investment platform for investors seeking to generate top financial returns in the private technology sector. The successful candidate will work closely with firm Managing Partner Noah Lichtenstein and Venture Partner Ken Sawyer across all aspects of the firm’s platform. This includes the development of internal processes and workflows to support investment sourcing, due diligence, operations, community and resource development, investor relations, and more.
The firm primarily operates out of Los Angeles, California. Hybrid remote/in-person is an option.
In this Role, You Will…
- Manage multiple investment data sources, extracting signals, and making actionable recommendations based on the findings
- Develop the internal processes and workflows to optimize deal flow management, tracking, and reporting
- Map our strategic network and proactively identifying opportunities to make connections and add value on a consistent basis
- Manage our co-investor and strategic partnership networks and ensure consistent touchpoints to remain top of mind
- Engage in sector-specific deep dives as needed to help the team develop and execute on evolving investment strategies
- Support our ongoing education and content initiatives, including the development of new education modules, video series, 2-Minute Drill newsletter, and more
- Support our in-person community initiatives, including the Crossover Dinner Series and (LA)UNCHPAD events, and more
The Ideal Candidate Possesses…
- 5+ years experience across tech, finance, banking, or consulting
- 3+ years operating experience in high-growth technology startups–preferably in Product or Project Management (or similar), with experience building and overseeing the implementation of internal systems and processes
- Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously at the highest level – particularly in a self-managed setting
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Deep passion for technology, entrepreneurship, and the startup ecosystem
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to dive into unfamiliar subject matter and synthesize, process, and form a clear point of view (and effectively communicate this position to others)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative attitude – willingness to leave their ego at the door
- Ability to interact with multiple constituencies and earn trust and influence
Crossover believes in the power of diverse perspectives and hires candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, or any other status. We are further committed to ensuring that the next generation of wealth creation through technology better reflects the diversity of our society than that of the prior generation. We are honored to invest capital on behalf of a highly diverse group of investors and partners in our fund, and Crossover commits a percentage of all fund proceeds to a philanthropic organization chosen by the Crossover community.
If interested, please apply here.