Wilshire Associates Incorporated is seeking a college undergraduate student to join the Wilshire Private Markets (WPM) division for a summer internship. This is a full-time, ten-week internship. This person must be graduating in the Fall of 2020 or Spring of 2021. After completion of your internship, there is the potential for a full-time position upon graduation.
WPM is a global private markets solutions provider, managing commingled discretionary fund-of-funds as well as customized separate accounts and non-discretionary advisory services. WPM invests in private partnerships, direct co-investments and secondary limited partnership interests with a focus on buyouts, venture capital, distressed strategies and real assets, and currently manages approximately $5 billion of institutional capital.
You will be a member of the WPM investment team, working closely with senior management of the division.
What You’ll Do
- Provide support of WPM’s investment team in the development of investment research and due diligence materials for prospective investments
- Help maintain WPM’s research database
- Assist with data entry and data migration
- Additional duties surrounding investment and client service support
What You Have
- Majors: All majors are encouraged to apply, however, a strong finance, business, engineering, mathematics, and/or statistics background is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative); prior internship at a nationally recognized investment management, investment banking, management consulting or financial services firm is preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Access)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under time pressure in a fast-paced environment with a special attention to detail
- Must be graduating in the Fall of 2020 or Spring of 2021
Visit Www.wilshire.com For Additional Company Information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
If interested, please apply here.