United Talent Agency, a leading talent agency based in Beverly Hills, CA, is seeking a Analyst to join its venture investing team. The Analyst will manage investments and internal processes for UTA VC, the agency’s leading venture capital fund. With a robust portfolio of early and growth-stage companies (e.g. MasterClass, ConsenSys, Gemini), UTA VC is seeking an entrepreneurial and organized analyst passionate about the future of entertainment, the creator economy, and web 3.0. In addition to the fund, the Analyst will also work on efforts in the group’s private equity practice, which identifies opportunities for the agency’s clients to acquire or make substantial investments in existing businesses across consumer goods, consumer tech, and media industries.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate investments for early and growth stage venture deals, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure that investment deals have the necessary reviews, diligence, and approvals
- Oversee and maintain the accuracy of the investment deal flow database
- Prepare investment memos, develop presentations, conduct due diligence, and create financial models for investment opportunities Take pitch meetings, develop a point of view, and present feedback to the investment team
- Create an investment thesis, and collect data to analyze financial statements, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), benchmarks reports, industry metrics, and other relevant data sets to inform that thesis
- Identify opportunities for internal process improvements, including vetting and managing new and existing tools
- Analyze large quantitative data sets using Excel to translate raw data into meaningful and digestible insights, and build financial models using Excel to validate hypotheses
- Work with portfolio companies to add value, streamline opportunities across the agency and compile ongoing reporting
- Special projects as needed
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree with outstanding academic performance; Economics major or a related field with coursework in business/accounting/finance preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, private equity, and/or working at a high-growth startup
- Proven record of impactful leadership
- Must be able to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with founders, investors, accounting, legal, talent, and other key stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize complex information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it effectively
- Highly proficient technical skills and ability to conduct structured analysis with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other statistical tools (preferred but not required)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with project management, financial modeling, and/or valuation work preferred
- Passion for entrepreneurship, venture capital, startups, web3/crypto, and tech preferred
- Grit. A self-starter who loves what they do. They never give up. They can think creatively about market opportunities and push hard to achieve their goals.
- Passion. A love for media, culture and talent. They follow creators on social media, consume the latest brands and movie, and are naturally curious.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills. Can effectively communicate an opportunity or position to a wide variety of stakeholders including executives, agents, talent, managers and lawyers.
- Detailed and Organized. Effectively tracks and follows-up on all facets of the role including key projects.
What You’ll Get
- The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
- Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
- The opportunity to do the best work of your career
- Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
- Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world’s leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world’s most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It’s one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry’s best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist’s entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same. UTA seeks the innovators, the entrepreneurs, the talented, the creative, the thoughtful and, the passionate, who share our love for the work all of us are privileged to do.
If interested, please apply here.