Our entrepreneurial investment and venture capital firm JUMP Investors is hiring an analyst to work primarily on Sandee (www.sand.ee), an exciting travel start-up we have been incubating for several years and which we will be launching in the next several months. This position is ideal for individuals interested in a career as an entrepreneur, and while it will offer limited exposure to our investments, it is not geared for those seeking to work on venture capital deals, finance deals, or other investments.
This is a very unique opportunity to work closely with a well-known, successful serial entrepreneur and investor – the CEO of JUMP is a co-founder of Akamai Technologies (Nasdaq: AKAM) and his VC investments have included many exits through acquisitions or IPO’s.
JUMP Investors is an early-stage entrepreneurial venture capital and investment firm based in Los Angeles. Since its formation in 1999, JUMP has invested in a variety of real estate companies, private equity funds, hedge funds, and more than 60 early- stage technology companies including Akamai Technologies (AKAM), Avamar Technologies (acquired by EMC), Business.com (acquired by RH Donnelley), Community Connect (acquired by Radio One), Google (GOOG), GSX Group (acquired by Open Text), L90 (acquired by Intermix), Postini (acquired by Google), Seagate (STX), and ViaFone (purchased by Extended Systems). Some of JUMP’s active investments include DiDi, EDO, Inspire Energy, Lyft, PartySlate, Peek, Phunware, Sandee, and The Venue Report, as well as numerous high-profile blockchain companies.
- Overseeing the project management of Sandee, which includes organizing and executing on many initiatives related to its launch and operation – including marketing, promotion, social media, SEO, and recruiting and hiring
- Leading Sandee’s business development efforts, which includes creating lists of partnership opportunities, cold-calling, writing thousands of emails, following up on all contacts, and building long-term relationships with hotels, restaurants, corporations, advertising partners, and destination marketing organizations
- Helping to manage JUMP’s robust and successful summer intern program
- Helping with our other businesses including CollarCard (www.collarcard.com), our growing promotional product company
- Working closely with our CEO to assist with meeting preparation, pitch decks, due diligence, and other necessary projects
- Researching and analyzing investment opportunities in technology, real estate, agriculture, and other asset classes
Our Ideal Candidate has the following qualifications:
- BA / BS degree from a Top 50 school
- 1-3+ year(s) of relevant full-time work experience in an analytical and hard-working environment such as investment banking, management consulting, or high-growth startups
- Incredibly talented, passionate, and creative
- Extremely entrepreneurial
- Extremely hungry to succeed
- Outstanding attitude and work ethic and be willing to work very long hours
- Team player and work well with others in a small environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- A love of beaches
- Interested in a long-term position (job hoppers will not be considered and need not apply)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base + bonus + potential equity
- Company benefits (medical, PTO days)
If interested, please apply here.