We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Operations Team.
Are you up for the adventure of a lifetime? Our Global Operations Team is how we redefine what’s possible. It’s where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures that have to be seen to be believed.
From human resources and information technology to marketing and operations management, the Global Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to expand the limits of human expectation with our compelling products, services and ventures.
Together, these one-of-a-kind problem-solvers direct our inner corporate structures with incomparable precision, profound analytic foresight and a deep commitment to world-class business services.
The Global Venture Analyst will work in the Venture Finance Team, which operates as a subset of BCG Digital Ventures Global Finance Team. The candidate will support the DV Investment Committee and venture build teams with investment related topics, and provide performance summaries of the DV portfolio for the broader DV finance function and management.
- Own and manage venture finance portfolio reports and databases
- Prepare slides for monthly management reporting packages
- Review and summarize portfolio company board packs for strategic and financial performance
- Maintain a database of launched venture KPI’s for comparative analysis
- Monitor VC/industry trends to develop independent market research
- Provide research and insights on key investment topics, notably; ESOP, governance, investment round size and valuation, startup failure reasons, and milestones by round
- Evaluate prospective investments through concept review and analysis of financial model
- Provide research and analysis on investment structures
- Prepare Cap Tables and other investment analyses
- Write and edit investment memos
- Codify the investment strategy and approval process by preparing pitch decks, checklists, one-pagers, etc.
- Manage pipeline of potenti investments under IC review
- Update BCGDV internal tools with deal data (InVenture)
- Maintain public repositories of BCGDV transaction data (Crunchbase, Pitchbook etc)
- Support venture finance marketing efforts, including maintaining internal team website
- 1-4 years work experience in either equity research, consulting, investment banking, private equity or venture capital
- Experience performing investment due diligence is a plus along with a background working with start-ups
- Strong written communication skills: Ability to write memos using concise, factual language, as well as developing PowerPoint decks that present information and data in a compelling way using tables/charts/graphs and leveraging graphic elements
- Excel skills: Experience building and reviewing models, and comfortable navigating financials. Comfortable using Excel hot keys, minimal reliance on mouse
- Understands capital structures and characteristics of varying classes of equity
- Ability to use tools like Pitchbook, CB Insights, and/or CapitalIQ to perform research
- General accounting knowledge
If interested, please apply here.