Touchdown Ventures is a venture capital firm that partners with leading corporations to help establish and manage their venture capital programs. We incorporated in July 2014 and are a registered investment adviser with offices in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
Touchdown Ventures is expanding its team and is hiring a venture capital senior associate to join the Los Angeles office. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience.
This position is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm that is revolutionizing corporate venture capital. As a Senior Associate, you will work on an entrepreneurial team, evaluating venture capital investment opportunities and helping impact the innovation strategies at some of the world’s most successful corporations.
- Sourcing – generate investment deal flow through primary and secondary research, ecosystem relationships, and outreach to other venture capitalists and entrepreneurs
- Diligence – lead all aspects of evaluating target investments, including financial analysis, customer references, legal, management team, etc.
- Deal Execution – execute new and follow-on financings by preparing investment memoranda, structuring deal terms, and closing transactions together with experienced investors on our team
- Portfolio Management – support our portfolio companies with financial oversight, fundraising assistance and business development activities
- Executive Communication – manage internal reporting to Touchdown’s corporate partners by creating and delivering presentations, engaging with business unit leaders, the c-suite, and other key stakeholders
Minimum 5 years work experience, preferably in venture capital, investment banking, consulting, private equity or corporate development. Transaction experience required; MBA strongly preferred, but not required.
Ability to demonstrate:
- Critical thinking, including research and analytical skills for deal analysis
- Strong thesis and presentation development
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital, corporate innovation and startups
- Excellent writing skills including knowledge of grammar, spelling, and word usage
- Strong financial analysis and investment modeling capabilities
- Interpersonal skills that foster strong relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Exemplary follow-through with minimal supervision
Touchdown offers a highly competitive benefits package including industry competitive – base salary, bonus, profit share, and full benefits.