We are seeking a Senior Associate based out of the Bay Area, NYC, LA, or DC. The role is to support our investment process by driving diligence, assisting our portfolio companies, preparing investment materials, and broadly helping NextGen deliver excellent returns.
- Support the due diligence process including meeting notes, references, product and technical diligence, competitive analysis, market sizing, and financial evaluation.
- Serve as the first point of contact with companies, holding screening conversations and evaluating fit with our strategy.
- Analyze financial models to understand the company’s revenue, cash needs, and growth drivers.
- Draft investment memos that consolidate diligence findings.
- Prepare quarterly reports on our fund performance and portfolio companies.
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to accelerate the success of our portfolio companies. This can include key hires, customer and partner introductions, fundraising support, and financial planning.
- Help engage our network of Venture Partners and serve as an ambassador to a variety of stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and highly productive while working independently. Ability to prioritize and complete parallel projects without requiring much guidance in a fast paced, fluid, and geographically distributed environment.
- Willingness and ability to work in a supporting capacity. We will look for a two year commitment to this position before consideration of more senior responsibilities.
- Enthusiasm for technology and entrepreneurs.
- Top written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong diligence skills. Ability to quickly evaluate the key questions.
- Excellent financial analysis and modeling skills.
- 3-8 years of professional experience with some combination of finance, tech and business operating experience.
- Meaningful company due diligence experience. Venture capital or private equity background a plus.
- Technical undergrad degree preferred.
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short statement as to why you are interested in the position and why you believe you’d be a good fit..