Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit http://www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Senior Analyst, M&A and Strategic Investments will be responsible for supporting all facets of the corporate development M&A workflow, including the evaluation, negotiation and execution of M&A, joint-venture and strategic investment transactions across all of Live Nation Entertainment’s operating divisions. The Senior Analyst will also gain significant exposure to the venture capital industry as a member of Live Nation’s early-stage investment team.
We are looking for someone who is excited about music and live entertainment to join the team. There is no requirement to have previously worked in the industry – just excitement and the intellectual curiosity to dig deeper and fully immerse yourself in this space.
- Identify, analyze and screen potential acquisition targets and investment opportunities across the music and live entertainment space, including domestic and international concert promoters, festivals, ticketing solutions, and other companies relevant to the sector
- Build and develop detailed financial and valuation models; analyses include but are not limited to IRR, pro-forma leverage, discounted cash flow, comparable companies, precedent transactions, and other returns analyses relevant to specific projects
- Work closely with internal business unit colleagues and external parties (target companies, investment banks, private equity firms, venture capital firms, etc.) to perform extensive financial and business due diligence on prospective acquisitions, mergers, and investments
- Assist in the evaluation and execution of Live Nation’s strategic investments, including minority investments and early-stage venture investments in partnership with other venture capital funds; additional key responsibilities include managing deal flow and coordinating with portfolio companies
- Prepare presentation materials for Live Nation’s top executives and Board of Directors highlighting strategic rationale, key considerations, upside opportunities, potential risks, etc.
- Assist in the negotiation of key deal terms and work closely with the M&A legal team to review legal documents, including term sheets, letters of intent, and long-form documents
- Participate in capital raise and refinancing processes, including working directly with investment banks to prepare investor presentations for ratings agencies and debt investors
- Perform other important duties including critical ad hoc quantitative and qualitative analyses, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience; experience in investment banking, private equity and/or corporate development is a plus
- Strong financial modeling, valuation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to formulate and articulate viewpoints in a clear, succinct manner
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work efficiently (and at times independently) in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Intellectually curious, motivated, hardworking, and, again, intellectually curious
- Strong personal interest and passion for the music and live entertainment industry
If interested, please apply here.