Fabric Ventures Group (FVG) is a global Open Economy focussed venture firm that truly believes in the rise of the sovereign individual. Our core belief in the need for a third web, which will incentivise all the participants of each network, has led us to become the first cheque for many great companies. We are very excited to invite you to become part of developing one of the largest revolutions in history.
Opportunity: We are looking for a Principal for our Fabric Venture Fund 2021, ideally based in London or willing to travel there frequently. You will report to a General Partner and work closely with the rest of the FVG team. Fabric embraces promoting diversity and inclusion and a key consideration when making this appointment will be to improve our overall gender diversity.
- Deal origination, proactive sourcing, market studies
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
- Modelling and valuation of investment opportunities, including follow-ons into existing venture deals
- Contributing to team discussions and meetings and providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues
- Manage prioritisation of communication and execution of internal processes as well as engagements with founders, CEOs, co-investors and other stakeholders of the Web 3.0 ecosystem
- Prepare and present initial and final review documents for approval by investment committee
- Execute on all aspects of deal execution including market and financial due diligence, structuring and legal contract negotiation
- Actively participate in the monitoring of investments including preparation of regular monitoring reports and where appropriate representing Fabric on the board of directors or supervisory board of portfolio companies
- Actively engage with portfolio companies, to provide value add and leverage the full benefit of the Fabric platform to enable them to execute effectively on their value creation plan
- Structuring processes and providing guidance and mentorship to junior investment team members, promoting team culture
- Providing assistance to marketing and investor relations teams, including generation of thought leadership content for blogs after attending networking events and support with limited partner reporting
- 7+ years of relevant tech industry experience (as an investor, entrepreneur, advisor, operator)
- Passion for and deep technical knowledge of Web 3.0 and the players within that space, founders and funders
- Proven experience and success in sourcing and board work
- Proven track record as a VC or Angel investor
- Willingness to travel, especially to London regularly
- Fabric embraces promoting diversity and inclusion and a key consideration when making this appointment will be to improve our overall gender diversity.
In order to be a good fit for the role, it’s important to have the following traits:
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
- Good time management skills and ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Ability to be daring and relentless
If interested, please apply here.