Are you naturally curious about the world and staying ahead of the curve? At Deloitte Ventures, we harness Deloitte’s deep heritage to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We are a team of entrepreneurs, innovators, business strategists and product specialists. Together, we design and build our own technology assets to solve our customer’s most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.
Venture leads are the co-founders for our new strategic ventures. They develop, test, and refine an initial concept into a viable product. Their goal is to validate demand, understand what it will take to build and scale a product, and build the commercial case for investment. The ideal venture lead is a creative, collaborative problem solver, who can think strategically to bring a new concept to life.
- Work closely with stakeholders in our Consulting business to define and clearly articulate a product concept: what problem will it solve, and how?
- Engage and collaborate with potential clients to understand their challenges and expectations
- Evaluate the market: who are our potential competitors or partners, and what is our best strategic approach?
- Collaborate with technical teams to understand the feasibility of the proposed venture and the resources required to develop it
- Assemble the commercial case for the venture, advise the business on the best investment decision, and pitch for funding from budget holders
- Develop the minimum viable product to test market response
- Formulate hypotheses about the best course of action at each stage, and validate these by gathering data and information from a wide variety of sources
- Refine the product concept in line with lean-startup principles
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: This role is based in London – WeWork Waterhouse Square
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in corporate innovation and/or in the start-up ecosystem
- Commercial acumen – an understanding of B2B commercial drivers and business cases
- Analytical thinker – able to solve ambiguous problems, in a structured and logical way
- Tenacity – self-motivated to own and solve complex business challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to manage internal and/or external stakeholders
- Advantageous: product development experience and/or technical ability in data science, data visualization or programming
Deloitte Ventures works closely with the Deloitte Consulting business. Find out more about the rest of our firm below.
If interested, please apply here.