We’re Seedcamp and we believe strongly that European entrepreneurs have the power to compete on a global scale. We invest early – at pre-seed and seed – in world-class founders attacking large, global markets and solving real problems using technology.
We’ve been at it for over a decade and over that time have invested in 390 breakout businesses out to change the way we live, interact and buy. We provide our companies with the best possible infrastructure to help them grow and it works. Our portfolio includes four European unicorns: Hopin Wise (formerly TransferWise), Revolut and UiPath along with fast-growing companies such as wefox, Sorare, Harbr, THIS and viz.ai.
Our founders, mentors, Experts in Residence, Venture Partners and core team all make up the Seedcamp Nation, a powerful and fully functioning support network, micro-economy and peer-to-peer learning platform.
This 6-month internship (beginning in May) is the perfect opportunity to join us as we invest in the next generation of world-class entrepreneurial talent and support our existing portfolio as they build out their vision. We’re a small core team of 15 with expertise across everything from investment and legals to product, sales, brand building and talent management.
What will you be involved in?
We’re looking for a curious, friendly and resourceful new member of the team to drive our platform-focused initiatives and support us across the entire Seedcamp organisation, from marketing through to operations and investment support. You will be on first name terms with our phenomenal network of founders, and be deeply exposed to the way we think, work and invest.
• Deliver on our structured platform of support for portfolio companies by organising and running our Mentor and Investor Office Hours
• Help onboard new mentors whilst nurturing our existing network of world-class operators from some of the fastest growing technology companies
• Support our event strategy, including executing on summits for portfolio executives
• Champion new opportunities and events that benefit Seedcamp companies
• Pro-actively pursue new projects to support and engage the Seedcamp nation
Investment and Core Team Support
• Support our investment process administratively and, where appropriate, with research and analysis on a particular sector, technology or business
• Work directly with our Head of Marketing & platform in optimising our external messaging to founders
• Assist with collation, cleaning and presentation of data related to investments and the portfolio
• Use your initiative to identify a sector, technology or market of strategic interest for Seedcamp and own a research piece, data project or event related to it
You can read about Felix’s experiences growing from our intern to securing a full-time analyst role with us here: http://sdca.mp/Interntoanalyst
Who are you
We prize intellectual curiosity, raw initiative and a collaborative spirit. You are a passionate follower of the latest technology trends and have maybe even tried a startup of your own. You:
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are happy to get stuck in
• Are a proactive problem solver who can think independently and take initiative
• Enjoy working with people and love building on relationships
• Have an incredible attention to detail. You’re happy scheduling, working in spreadsheets and prioritizing tasks, and have an eye for where processes can be refined
• Passionate about startups. You probably love Product Hunt and tracking Crunchbase
• Tech-savvy. You enjoy trying out new apps and software (and maybe want to build your own in the future!)
What have previous interns gone on to do?
Interning at Seedcamp is a surefire way to supercharge your network and learning. The club is small but former Seedcamp interns and fellows accomplish a whole host of very impressive things. They have gone onto:
• Found and build Citymapper
• Make partner at leading Venture Capital firms (3x!)
• Receive backing from Y-Combinator
• Earn a spot in Forbes 30 under 30
• Help decentralise the web by working on Filecoin ($262 million ICO)
• Join portfolio companies and other fast-growing startups in product and business development roles
• Ascend to leadership positions in technology companies like Facebook and ByteDance/TikTok
What we’re looking for
• You’ve built a product or led on a project you’re able to show off and talk about
• Have a history of executing and getting stuff done
• You’re resourceful, highly analytical and love (data-driven) problem solving
• Have background demonstrating an interest in the startup or venture capital scene
• Bonus points if you listen to ‘This Much I Know’, the Seedcamp podcast
Deadline: midnight (BST), Wednesday 21 April
Note: we are looking for a start date in mid-May. However, we’re open to beginning earlier if we find the right candidate. So submit your application early to maximise your chances! Please bear in mind this is a full-time role and therefore not a fit for those who are mid-studies.
How to apply
Please visit www.seedcamp.com/work-at-seedcamp and submit your CV and answers to the following questions by Wednesday 21 April, midnight (BST).
• Tell us about yourself and explain your interest in the role (please: no longer than 200 words)
• Which podcasts, blogs and authors do you follow and why?
• Which portfolio company are you most excited by and why? What about startups outside of the Seedcamp portfolio?
• If you were to launch a startup, what would it be?