Mountside Ventures is focused on optimising the fundraising process for European startups and investors. We provide value in two ways:
Firstly, we help the most ambitious entrepreneurs raise their Next Round of funding by introducing them to our network of investors, guiding them through securing and ultimately signing a term sheet that is right for them, and causes the least amount of disruption to their business.
Secondly, we connect the most promising Venture Fund Managers with forward-looking Limited Partners to promote the flow of venture capital into the European ecosystem by running highly curated events with engaging content, industry experts and networking opportunities.
We are uniquely positioned to do this through our 600+ investor relationships, network of experts and fundraising best practices.
We are opening an opportunity for internships in order to help young people learn more about our industry. On completion, we provide a performance review and references detailing the valuable work, skills and experience you have acquired.
The role Through this internship, we offer you the opportunity to join us in changing the world of fundraising, as well as diving into the startup and venture capital industries.
We can’t do this alone! We’re seeking a proactive, diligent and adaptable individual looking for an exciting development opportunity and new challenge, with a strong passion for startups and new technologies.
During the Internship, we will mentor and involve you in a diverse range of activities:
- Evaluating startups as investment opportunities and presenting them to the team
- Lead sourcing & sales, for example, reaching out to and speaking directly with startup Founders as potential new clients of the firm
- Developing the most comprehensive database of European venture investors
- Creative marketing activities, such as blog postings, social media messaging, and community engagement
- Supporting ad-hoc projects; conducting research and compiling data on various startup and venture related topics
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool management
- Attending startup events and conferences, and building relationships with the innovation ecosystem (startups, accelerators, investors)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, in any subject
- Ambitious, energetic, and enthusiastic person with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence to pick up the phone and speak to a range of potential clients/partners
- Passion for startups and new technologies, and a desire to learn about the venture capital and investing markets
- Strong computer skills including Google Suite (slides, sheets, docs)
- Applications: Now open, closing when we find the right individuals
- Number of opportunities: 3
- Location: Remote
- Duration: 3 Months, with flexible hours around your own study time
- Start Date: May 2020
- Interviews: Ongoing