We invest in emerging technology solutions used by financial market institutions (banks, asset managers, hedge funds, quantitative funds, market infrastructure providers). Our investors and industry partners include some of the largest end users of technology solutions in this space, including IHS Markit, Deutsche Boerse Group and five global banks.
At Illuminate, we think we are witnessing a once in a generation shift in underlying financial markets infrastructure. We closely follow the themes that influence this shift, such as the technology drivers (Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Big Data, Crpyto etc.), functional industry trends, and regulatory adoption triggers. We leverage our extensive formal and informal network to validate the solutions we see and match them against relevant, high priority industry challenges our institutional partners face.
For further information on our portfolio companies, please visit: http://illuminatefinancial.com/portfolio/
ROLE: This is a full-time, paid internship starting in January 2019 in our London office.
The role will cover all aspects of the investment process:
- Culture – Be an ambassador for the Illuminate brand
- Uphold culture and values (e.g. celebrate success and promote collaboration and teamwork)
- Articulate the Illuminate story and value proposition with confidence
- Pipeline – enable the Illuminate pipeline process:
- Organising prospect introductory meetings
- Research for new prospects (theme led)
- Completing prospect profiles in deal flow tool
- Manage the weekly Illuminate team prospect meeting schedule
- Monitor existing opportunities and ensure prompt follow-up
- Industry Partners – assist with preparation of materials for industry partner meetings:
- Research topics and prospects for deep dive presentations
- Prepare regular meeting materials
- Due diligence/Portfolio – Assist with ad-hoc DD and portfolio companies work
- Research and prepare materials for an investment decision
- Research and prepare materials for portfolio company operational matter
You will join the Illuminate team of thirteen, including five investors and three partners across London and New York. Our team includes experienced financial markets professionals with backgrounds that include banking (Deutsche Bank, HSBC, JPMorgan), entrepreneurship (Creditex/T-Zero), consulting (McKinsey, Bain & Co), financial technology (Murex) and extensive investment experience.
- We value personal interest in enterprise technology
- Successful past interns had previous experience from sectors like enterprise tech startups, venture capital, private equity, technology, consulting, legal, buyside and banking; but past exposure to these sectors is not a requirement
- Internship is a full-time position for 6 months with the potential to extend by 3 months
- Permission to work in the UK required
- Former interns went on to full time roles in venture capital funds, technology businesses and management consulting
This position is ideally suited for a candidate with up to 3-4 years work experience.
This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting young fund in one of the most innovative and fast-growing areas of the financial sector.
This is a paid internship. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis
If interested, please apply here.