We are a London based VC firm focused on early stage, European originated technology startups with global ambitions.
Balderton manages over US$2.6B in committed venture capital. We invest early in Europe’s best entrepreneurs building global businesses: we leverage the operational track record and expertise of our partners to support entrepreneurs with big ambitions and we capitalise on our network to help take those companies global.
Our track record of $1B+ exits includes Yoox, MySQL, Talend, and Betfair. The revolutionary companies in our current portfolio include Kobalt, Citymapper, Revolut and The Hut Group.
Our team of 30 people are based in London, UK, but focus on investing across Europe. We have invested in over 15 different nationalities of European entrepreneurs and we concentrate on the tech hubs of London, Paris, Stockholm and Berlin.
For more company details, visit www.balderton.com
About the Opportunity
This is an opportunity to be at the heart of the European early-stage tech eco-system, working first-hand with some of Europe’s leading investors and entrepreneurs to shape the future of technology. In this role, you will be an integral part of the investment team, supporting all aspects of due diligence and fund reporting.
Interns are expected to commit to a full time schedule, based in our London HQ near King’s Cross for a minimum of 3 months. You must be eligible to work in UK to apply.
You can expect the role to divide roughly into:
40% evaluation of new investments and market intelligence:
- Perform due diligence on potential investments
- Help the team in the process of building investment cases for potential deals
- Provide your own flavor of cogent analysis and due diligence, including market and competitive analysis, customer references, and financial modeling
30% tracking industry trends:
- Deep dive into selected industry sectors
- Analyze and track companies and sectors relevant to our investment thesis
- Keep up to speed with the hottest developments in early stage TMT through twitter, industry blogs, press etc
30% contribution to our portfolio companies:
- Support the team on preparation for major events
- Analyze portfolio companies as an aid to company building and performance
- Support portfolio companies on specific projects
If interested, please apply here.