Playfair Capital is one of Europe’s leading early-stage VC funds. We’ve been around since 2013 and have invested in over 40 startups to-date. We’re sector and geography agnostic, with a singular focus of finding and backing ambitious entrepreneurs who are building cool things that are creating new markets or disrupting existing ones.
We’re a small, close-knit team of tech enthusiasts with a passion for building early stage businesses. We see ourselves as a family and have created a fun, casual work environment while at the same time favouring fast-paced, bold decision making.
We’re busier than ever – making new investments and building our existing portfolio – and are looking to add some firepower to the team. As such, we’re seeking an Investment Associate to come on board and help drive our investment activities.
Things You’ll Do
You’ll be supporting our investment team to originate, evaluate and close investments with a particular focus on market research to support investment theses. Specifically you’ll:
- Track and analyse markets that are relevant to our investment focus
- Produce detailed research reports on specific sectors, technologies and companies
- Evaluate deals through a detailed process of commercial, financial and technical due diligence to help our partners build investment cases for particular deals
- Attend demo days, pitching competitions, industry events and generally network and build relationships with experts all over the world in search of the best deals
- Host events and produce content to boost Playfair’s reputation
- You’re passionate about startups and frontier technologies (AI, blockchain, robotics, etc.)
- You enjoy conducting deep dives into specific sectors, technologies or companies and producing well researched and impeccably written reports
- You have excellent analytical skills. You’re at home in excel and get excited at the prospect of analysing a company’s financial forecast
- You’re capable of working autonomously and thrive in an unstructured work environment
- You’ve spent a few years working in VC, PE, M&A, consulting, banking or a similar field
If interested, please apply here.