We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual with intellectual curiosity and a passion for start-ups to join our investment team as an Investment Associate. You will benefit from direct exposure to some of the most innovative and exciting early stage software companies in the UK. You will be based in our London office at Angel, Islington.
As an Investment Associate, you will be involved in deal origination, deal execution and portfolio management.
You can expect to do the following:
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs and co-investors in the UK.
- Systematically and proactively identify potential investment opportunities, conduct initial critique, and present investment opportunity notes to the investment committee for the most exciting deals.
- Support due diligence through the investment process, including in-depth market research, competitive analysis, and assessment of technical capability.
- Support portfolio companies in strategic and operating matters on an ad-hoc basis.
- Drive our thinking on new technologies that have the potential to disrupt.
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual with intellectual curiosity and a real passion for technology and start-ups.
- A solid technical background with a detailed understanding of some of the core technologies employed by disruptive companies today, such as AI, NLP, development and operations infrastructure, or data analytics.
- Operational experience within a fast-growing start-up or a market leading technology company, ideally as part of a team developing a product and go-to-market strategy, including product positioning and competitive analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done with minimal/modest supervision.
- Ability to develop strong investment theses on markets and companies with fund returning characteristics.
- Ability to form quantitative strategy and business decisions based on analytical frameworks.
- BA degree, or equivalent in a numerate discipline, such as computer science, physics, mathematics or engineering. You may also have an MBA or have spent time working in a strategy consulting environment.
- You may have worked as an Associate in another VC fund.
We are entrepreneurs, having founded, developed and sold our own companies. What you can expect from us:
- We will support your development in a key role within one of the most active early-stage software investors in the UK.
- We have an open and collegiate environment where everyone is encouraged to express their views and opinions and contribute to the success of the portfolio.
- We are a team that understands the privileged position of a VC investor and the need to treat every investment opportunity with respect.
Your benefits will include:
- Market competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life cover
- 20 days holiday per annum (excluding public holidays)
- Mobile phone
What do I do next?This role offers a significant opportunity to work with the best software start-ups in the UK within one of the UK’s most active VC firms. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please do apply for the job.
If interested, please apply here.