Hearst Ventures is the global venture investment division of Hearst, one of the largest diversified media, information and services companies in the U.S. with more than 360 businesses and $11 billion in topline revenue.
With offices in New York City, London, Tel Aviv and Beijing, Hearst Ventures leverages sector expertise in a number of industries, including media, transportation, financial services and healthcare, to make investments in early stage, technology-enabled businesses. Focus areas include enterprise software, direct-to-consumer and marketplace businesses.
Since its initial investment in Netscape in 1995, the group has grown to become one of the most active and successful corporate venture funds, with more than $1 billion invested in companies including Snappy, Signal Media, GeoPhy, Otonomo, Roku, Via, and Buzzfeed.
Hearst Ventures seeks an Investment Analyst or Associate for a 1–2 year position in our London office. He/she will be integrally involved in the investment process in startups across Europe and Israel. As part of this role, you will also interact with our global team and colleagues in NYC and Beijing.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Pro-active analysis of themes and sectors/sub-sectors for investment and deal specific analysis
· Financial modeling, sensitivity and scenario analysis, and market sizing research, cap table and deal structuring, budget review and analysis
· Performance benchmarking and growth pattern comparisons
· Conducting on-going market research, developing new investment themes around areas of interest, tracking investments by peer funds and investment activities on a global scale
· Building investment cases and presentations for potential deals that demonstrates long-term value of the investment for Hearst
· Monthly overview reports on the funding rounds in Europe and Israel
· Supporting portfolio companies
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
· Genuine interest in and passion for technology, digital media, AI, and big data
· Desire to support the best, most ambitious European and Israeli founders
· Strong financial modeling, market research and analysis skills
· Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
· Ability to “live in both worlds” — working day-to-day with entrepreneurs and venture capital firms, while navigating and building relationships within a larger corporate environment
· Uncompromised business ethics and absolute integrity
· Highly self-motivated with the ability to work and think independently
· Fluent in English. Fluency in an additional European language is a plus
· 2–4 years of prior experience at a startup or leading tech business, investment group, consultancy or advisory business with a focus on Internet, mobile and digital media
· Follow us and our portfolio companies on social media
· Interested parties please send an email with a CV to email@example.com
· We will reach out where we see a strong potential match!