Frontline Ventures invests in B2B software companies. We have offices in London and Dublin, and our investment team of six has more than fifty years of investing experience. To learn more about our team, take a look at www.frontline.vc/team. Our portfolio companies are concentrated in the UK, US, and Ireland.
We’re looking for a peculiar specimen in VC: an Investment Associate with operating experience (or a desire to gain operating experience).
We take an exceptionally hands-on approach to venture and like our investors — from Analyst to Partner — to have some real world experience building something (VC is not really the real world, which makes it such a popular career choice!). In this role, you’ll not only source and analyse promising growth-stage companies, you’ll advise their CEOs on scaling issues such as international expansion.
- Identify promising B2B businesses at Series B, C, D stages
- Build extensive personal networks at other VCs and companies
- Analyse sectors, companies, and technologies
- Advise portfolio CEOs on go-to-market strategy
- Produce investment memorandums and defend opinions at Investment Committee
We’re a small team and your role will be broad. Its scope will be limited only by your capabilities, not by your experience or job title. If you prove yourself capable of running a deal from start to finish, we’ll encourage you to do so.
- Analytical ability — especially the ability to simplify complex problems and to derive insights from data. You’re an Excel expert.
- Strategic aptitude — ability to advise a company through the eyes of the CEO, probably developed at a top-tier management consulting firm or in a Sales Ops / Biz Ops operating role.
- Interest in start-ups/tech/investing — demonstrated by the career choices you’ve made
- Attitude — preferably a good one! Enthusiasm with resilience, professionalism with sense of humour, ambition with humility.
- (Optional) General knowledge — we host an annual VC pub quiz in London and routinely put up a poor showing. We need the kind of person who — with their phone in a basket — can name 10 countries that start with the letter G.
Based in London or Dublin, with frequent travel between offices and occasional travel to the US.
What do I do next?
If you believe you’re a strong fit, contact anyone you know at Frontline or email us at email@example.com