Founders Factory is improving the odds of startup success, empowering anyone to impact the world through entrepreneurship.
We’re changing the venture model, trusting our ability to make a real difference to the companies we invest in. Our platform gives entrepreneurs market access to multi-national corporates, and bespoke operational support from a big and brilliant team. This allows us to do things that don’t scale, tailoring a program to every startup that joins. Letting our startups tap into skills they need but can’t yet access.
All of this is funded by our corporate partners, but their role is not simply cash. They bring the best bits of their businesses to our startups – validation, distribution, insight and capital. These are ingredients that startups others don’t have, which is why you see startups here that can not exist anywhere else.
We’re here so founders who see the future differently get the skills they need to make it a reality. We’re proud to back founders others wouldn’t and we back ourselves to make them successful. We know the biggest impact comes from those that don’t fit the mould so we’ve made Founders Factory their home.
Founders Factory is looking to hire an Investment Associate to support our efforts in sourcing and qualifying early-stage start-ups. Each year we invest in 38 start-ups over our 8 verticals and the role will be focused on securing the best entrepreneurs and new technologies globally.
You’ll need to have a good understanding of technology and business models, preferably have networks and exposure to the world of consumer products. Having a broad network of early stage entrepreneurs (pre-seed to post-seed) will give you a competitive advantage in this role. We are a community of entrepreneurs and we look for candidates that want to be an entrepreneur or have been before.
- Sourcing investments for the accelerator. The Associate will form a core component of the Factory Home and Hygiene investment function.
- A successful candidate will need to enjoy and have an ability to grow sourcing leads, build a network of founders, investors and VCs and build our presence in new geographies to meet founders.
- Qualifying investments for the accelerator. The Associate will need good analytical mind, ability to process and synthesize new information, ability to form views quickly on investment decisions and have a good grasp in technology trends and a passion for entrepreneurship.
- Ability to close deals. The Associate will need to handle the end-to-end process of closing a deal; that includes cultivating a trust-worthy relationship with founders, handling negotiation not just with the founder but with existing investors and also our corporates.
- Ability to coach and support companies’ next fundraise. The Associate will need to be able to support and mentor startups he/she invested in during the program.
- The ability to support companies on their fundraising story, financials and key metrics is also a key skill set to be a good investor amongst many others.
- We wear many hats as employees of Founders Factory, that means you will have to do or initiate many exciting tasks and projects e.g. organising and attending global roadshows to source and meet founders etc
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to build a network, source companies and develop relationships with top entrepreneurs
- Loves working autonomously and takes initiative
- Extensive knowledge, enthusiasm for and interest in technology and start-ups
- Analytical mind able to qualify and understand different concepts and business models
- Functional understanding in technology and its applications
- Independently be able to form views around investment decisions
- We teach you the framework of how to evaluate businesses and you’ll get a chance to see and meet many early stage founders.
This Is Your Rare Chance To Contribute Across The Full Business Spectrum To Become a Founder In The Future
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation.
Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers.
Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build businesses, not just products.
Support: marketing, legal, finance, fundraising, growth, business development and recruitment.
Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage from Vitality.
Office Space: Desk space in fully-serviced office on High Street Ken with table tennis table, scooters and breakout spaces.
Office Meals: Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Please note: we have an overwhelming number of applications and will do our best to get back to you within 72 hours if you fit the bill.