Started by Brent Hoberman and Henry Lane Fox, Founders Factory has received investment from L’Oreal, easyJet, Guardian Media Group, Aviva, Holtzbrinck, CSC and M&S. We’re also partnered with Wunderman and Vodafone. Combined with our full-time team of 60 specialists we offer founders the best platform to launch or scale their startup.
Our incubator creates 13 new startups every year. We validate ideas, build founding teams, find first customers and invest directly in each startup.
Our accelerator invests in 35 startups every year. We invest cash, six months of bespoke support from our team and provide commercial opportunities with our investors.
We’re also Europe’s Hottest Startup Accelerator according to the Europas, read more here.
🤝 The Deal
Founders Factory is looking to hire an Investment Associate to support our efforts in sourcing and qualifying early-stage start-ups. Each year we invest in 5 start-ups in each of our 7 verticals and the role will be focused on securing the best entrepreneurs and new technologies globally. The candidate will need to have a good understanding of technology and business models, preferably have networks and exposure to the world of beauty and retail. Having a broad network of early stage entrepreneurs will give you a competitive advantage in this role. We are a community of entrepreneurs and we look for candidates that want to be an entrepreneur or have been before.
Join a highly motivated, energetic team who will push you to incredible heights.
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early-stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. We teach you the framework of how to evaluate businesses in and you’ll get a chance to see and meet many early stage founders. This is a remarkable chance to grow your career, with options for contributing to an ambitious team and getting in on the ground-floor of the next high-growth startup… whatever that might be!
Come join our world class team of thinkers and creators.
- Sourcing investments for the accelerator. The Associate will form a core component of the Factory investment team. A successful candidate will need to enjoy and have an ability to grow sourcing leads, build a network of founders, investors and VCs and build our presence in new geographies to meet founders.
- Qualifying investments for the accelerator. The Associate will need good technical understanding, top judgement, have deep knowledge in technology trends and a passion for entrepreneurship.
- Ability to close deals. The Associate will need to handle the end-to-end process of closing a deal; that includes cultivating a trust-worthy relationship with founders, handling negotiation not just with the founder but with existing investors and also our corporates.
- Extensive knowledge, enthusiasm for and interest in technology, start-ups and digital
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to build a network, source companies and develop relationships with top entrepreneurs
- Loves working autonomously and takes initiative
- Analytical mind able to qualify and understand different concepts and business models
- Functional understanding in technology and its applications
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum to become a founder in the future:
– Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers.
– Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build businesses, not just products.
– Support: marketing, legal, finance, fundraising, growth, business development and recruitment.
– Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage from Vitality.
– Office Space: Desk space in fully-serviced office on High Street Ken with table tennis table, scooters and breakout spaces.
– Office Meals: Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar.
Please note: we have an overwhelming number of applications and will do our best to get back to you within 72 hours if you fit the bill.
If interested, please apply here.