Beringea is seeking an investment professional with an insatiable curiosity, a self-starting spirit and a desire to work in a distinctive, collaborative team building its latest generation of entrepreneurial success stories.
Who are we?
Beringea is a transatlantic venture capital investor with over $715m in funds spanning our offices in London and Detroit.
From our offices in the heart of Covent Garden, a team of ten investment professionals manage our UK funds and work alongside a host of exceptional founders to create pioneering technology companies and lasting entrepreneurial successes.
We are constantly expanding our portfolio, which already spans over 60 companies in the UK, the US and Europe. Recent investments have included Aistemos, an artificial intelligence company transforming the legal industry, and MYCS, a German furniture innovator.
Other success stories from the Beringea portfolio in the past five years include:
· Watchfinder: the leading global platform for luxury pre-owned watches that trebled its turnover during our investment before being acquired by Richemont in 2018
· Chargemaster: recently acquired by BP for a reported £130m, the backbone of the UK’s electric vehicle industry as the largest network of charging points
· Monica Vinader: one of the UK’s fastest-growing retail brands — its affordable luxury jewellery is now sold globally and counts Gareth Southgate among its customers
Our investment team brings together a variety of nationalities and expertise spanning software engineering to luxury goods and online retail — this diversity of background coupled with a history spanning nearly three-decades means we have a distinctive approach to investing grounded in a close-knit, collaborative and supportive culture.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced professional, ideally with a background in banking or consulting, with a clear interest in investment and technology.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· Commercial judgement: drawing out the critical questions for potential investments
· Curiosity: an innate eagerness to learn, challenge, and expand
· Analytical skills: excellent numeracy and experience analysing data to derive insights
· Modelling skills: ability to analyse financial models and accounting in Excel
· Interpersonal and communication skills: ability to collaborate and communicate
· Entrepreneurial enthusiasm: a willingness to go above and beyond
What can you expect?
The successful candidate will play an integral role in the team, working throughout the investment process and contributing to the continued growth of the business.
They will be expected to be responsible for:
· Originating investments: sourcing deals through your own network of introducers
· Analysing and executing deals: supporting Investment Directors and Partners with the execution of deals during analysis, modelling, structuring and negotiating deals, and assisting due diligence
· Monitoring the portfolio: working closely with members of the portfolio to achieve successful growth for our investments
You can expect to be part of a driven, collaborative, and experienced team that is committed to supporting your personal growth as an investment professional. The role is UK-based with some travel.
How do you apply?
If you are interested in the role, please send over a CV to email@example.com, with a short paragraph about why you believe you would be a good fit.
We look forward to hearing from you!