Anthemis is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and financial institutions dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital world. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners, and dedicated problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services. We work with a diverse group of clients and partners – from start-ups and venture capital firms to corporates – catalysing and accelerating positive and disruptive change across the financial industry.
We’re seeking a London-based Investment Associate to add to our venture building team. The successful candidate will be supporting a vehicle focused on female founders in the fintech space. The team will be tasked with developing new, digital-era concepts and ventures within the sectors. These will be realized as pre-seed startups. Our venture design process is best delivered by people with both digital product design and entrepreneurial skills, combined with team, product and project management ability.
Female Innovators Lab Vehicle Description
Anthemis’ Female Innovators Lab vehicle is focused on supporting female pre-seed companies and entrepreneurs. We will look to work with top tier women or companies who are in the early stages of developing an idea/business in the financial services industry, but aren’t quite sure how to begin and need support in terms of human and financial capital. This will focus on all sectors of financial services, in line with the primary thesis of Anthemis Group.
- Assist the investment team in analyzing early stage technology companies. Typical reviews will include analysis on market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process.
- Build and maintain a deep network in the UK and European VC ecosystem.
- Extract and synthesize ongoing research and track relevant trends and developments across the financial services industry.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and events, scan the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to the overall dealflow sourcing.
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies and current Anthemis portfolio companies.
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space.
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment.
- Prepare periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
- Support the Venture Studio Lead with development of startups from the stage of an entrepreneur with an idea to seed stage investment ready through advice and domain expertise.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a VC firm or experience playing a key role in a financial services technology startup or accelerator.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology and financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectually curious and team-oriented.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Appropriate working permit for UK, and based in London or the surrounding area.
Working at Anthemis
Come and be part of an inclusive, flexible work environment where our people are encouraged to grow and do their best work. We are proud of our diversity and proactive in ensuring our opportunities are accessible to everyone. Anthemis is an equal opportunity employer. It is really important to us that we give access to opportunities to as wide a variety of people as possible. So if there is additional support we could offer you to enable you to participate in this process, please include this is in your expression of interest.
- Competitive market-led salary and bonus
- Flexible hours/work from home
- 25 days holiday plus local public holidays
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Programme of health and wellbeing benefits
Our goal is to ensure that Anthemis upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for a role or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran status, and we’d love to learn more about where you can be additive to our team.
IF interested, please apply here.