Scope of the role:
- Assist the investment team in analysing early stage financial technology companies. Typical reviews will include analysis on market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process.
- Extract and synthesise ongoing research and track relevant trends and developments across financial services sectors, including retail banking and consumer finance, corporate banking, payments, capital markets, insurance and risk management, wealth and asset management and data and infrastructure.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and events, scan the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to the overall dealflow sourcing.
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies and current Anthemis portfolio companies.
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space.
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment.
- Prepare periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
Experience & Expertise:
- Minimum of 3 years of transactional experience with a VC or PE firm, or experience playing a key role in a financial services technology startup or accelerator.
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in technology and financial services. Experience in insurance in particular is a plus, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectually curious and team-oriented.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
If interested, please apply here.