Venture Capital Analyst (m/f/d) in London, UK
Join a team investing in some of Europe’s best technology companies!
TempoCap is a European growth-stage technology fund with offices in London and Berlin. We have backed some of Europe’s most successful businesses including Onfido, Depop, CybelAngel, Dedrone, Talentsoft and Teads.
For leading technology companies across Europe, TempoCap provides capital to support their growth and / or acquires positions in those companies from existing investors. TempoCap also acquires portfolios of companies from other VCs and corporate VCs, helping them to exit their investments.
We work in an entrepreneurial, fun and fast-paced work environment, investing across a variety of high-growth sectors, including enterprise software, cybersecurity, fintech, consumer internet, digital health, robotics and infrastructure.
Venture Capital Analyst role
TempoCap is looking for a highly independent and motivated analyst to join our team:
- We are seeking candidates from a top-tier university with an outstanding academic record and up to two years of work experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ideally one other European language (German or French preferred)
- The full-time position will be based in our London headquarters
- Have a genuine passion for and knowledge of new technologies and business models
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to develop an investment thesis around companies, industries and competition
- Previous experience in a fast-paced work environment, ideally in venture capital, private equity, M&A or inside a high-growth technology business
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Great communication skills with an ability to blend complex information and relay it to different audiences in a variety of formats
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently with minimal oversight
- Curious, ambitious and willing to take the initiative
- Ability to navigate tight deadlines, managing a long list of competing priorities, without compromising on attention to detail
- Humility and openness to other people and ideas
- High standards of integrity and the ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Become an integral member of TempoCap’s investment team
- Source and screen new potential investments relevant to TempoCap’s investment strategy
- Evaluate and manage deals and due diligence processes
- Join our partnership meetings, provide insights and defend your ideas based on in-depth research
- Establish and develop your own network of relevant industry contacts
- Support portfolio companies on specific projects, and monitor their performance
- Represent TempoCap at relevant conferences and events
- Unparalleled exposure to high-growth technology sectors and to the management teams that are building successful businesses within them
- Ability to gain experience in sourcing, evaluating and closing high-value and complex primary and secondary transactions
- Potential to move to a TempoCap office outside of the UK after 1 year in London
- TempoCap’s growing team has an international outlook, a clear common purpose and an informal atmosphere in which everyone has an opportunity to contribute
- The role provides an opportunity to help shape a key component of the developing venture capital ecosystem in Europe
How to apply
Please apply through LinkedIn, attaching both:
- your CV
- and a covering letter explaining briefly why you’re interested to work in venture capital and what companies, markets and trends currently excite you
Please note all candidates applying for this role should have the right to work in the U.K.
If interested, please apply here.