After a record number of investments in 2018 and a huge growth year for Talis’ portfolio, the team is looking to bring on board a new Analyst to join the London-based team. As Talis continues to increase AUA and the number of investments in its portfolio, the team now needs an additional resource to help execute new investments and manage the portfolio.
Talis Capital is an early-stage VC (Series A & B focus) that takes smart money from successful entrepreneurs and business people to back industry-changing technology companies with global potential. Talis’ portfolio includes some of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in the market such as Darktrace (led Series A), Onfido (Series B & C), iwoca (sole Seed) and Pirate Studios (incubated, sole Seed & Series A) – as well as sought-after companies with global potential including Luminance, Ynsect, The Plum Guide, import.io and Zyper.
Since 2009, Talis have completed over $600m worth of transactions and mostly leads 8-10 new investments per year, on top of a number of follow-ons from their existing 40+ growing portfolio. The Talis team identifies and invests in both tech-led and tech-enabled real businesses and has a unique approach to finding, funding and supporting companies of the future.
Talis only supports sustainable business models with high calibre founding teams. The investment team immerse themselves in sub verticals which are emerging from macro technology trends – this allows for a highly focused and opportunistic approach to securing investment in unique opportunities. Over the last decade the team has invested in a range of verticals including AI leveraged Cyber Security, Financial Services, Insur-tech, Data and IoT. Future themes for the latest fund include Prop-tech, Food & Agri tech, Digital Health and Content-to-Consumer.
Talis also incubates and builds companies from the ground up: examples include Pirate Studios, Skwire & Learning People and all members of the team will have hands on entrepreneurial experience building these or new companies.
To find, fund and support the world’s most ambitious entrepreneurs.
We seek entrepreneurs and ideas that we can be passionate about. Once we’re aligned, we will work relentlessly for our companies with high energy, speed, flexibility and conviction to help entrepreneurs succeed in their mission. We actively leverage our unique entrepreneurial community to make this happen.
We are a small, highly driven and fun collective of inquisitive individuals and entrepreneurs.
We are passionate and disciplined risk takers.
We have an experienced and straight talking approach to building the companies of tomorrow.
We are looking for a talented and high-calibre individual to join Talis where you will; gain great exposure to the global tech ecosystem, meet exciting new start-ups, track some of the fastest growing tech companies and work side-by-side with the Partners and Investment Team to find new opportunities and execute on them from origination to close.
- Take a leading role in investing and managing venture investments (typical investments range from £1-10m from Series A-B)
- Responsible for identifying investment opportunities, preparing investment recommendations, taking meetings, undertaking extensive due diligence and financial modelling
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow, from own initiative sourcing to initial evaluation of potential investments to assisting with deal execution and closing
- Provide detailed company and sector research and analysis building a name for yourself in the marketplace and sharing your insights with the network
- Monitor post-investment activities such as keeping up-to-date on portfolio performance
- Board representations experience
- Conduct research for marketing, deal sourcing and fundraising
- Graduated from a top tier university
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a relevant industry (Investment Banking, Consulting, Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Venture Capital)
- Highly quantitative, proficient in financial analysis and business modelling
- Great communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to prepare and deliver presentations and speak publicly
- Strong analytical abilities
- A driven self-starter, with ability to work independently & in a start-up environment
- Demonstrable interest and curiosity in the global tech ecosystem
- You will be joining a dynamic and entrepreneurial team, friendly and non-hierarchical
- You will get a chance to interact with the most exciting technology entrepreneurs, companies and investors, and be at the forefront of tech innovation
- You will get a chance to attend technology conferences and start-up networking events
- Market competitive salary and bonus
- Free personal trainer team sessions 3x a week at midday
- Team offsites 2x a year
Apply for the job by sending a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com