Who are we?
Pi Labs is the first and most active Venture Capital Proptech firm in Europe, with 46 portfolio companies. Our fund is a leader within its investment vertical – predominantly focusing on pre-seed to Series A investments in the UK and Europe, with the flexibility to invest internationally.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Pi labs family – ambitious and driven collaborators who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push both us and the ventures we’ve backed to do greater things.
What we believe in?
We believe in ground-breaking founders and ideas that will create a better world in which we live. Our vision is to invest, mentor and accelerate high-calibre proptech start-ups, particularly those with the passion and ability to build scalable businesses which will digitise the property industry. While the commercial performance and inherent scalability of each venture is important, we also consider their capacity to address social problems facing the world today such as sustainability and housing.
We are a small team (for now 😊) and are looking to add one person to the investment team. Ideally, aiming to hire in the near future but will take the time needed to find our next team member.
What you’ll be doing?
- [ ] Source (50%): the core part of your role will be to build deal flow through own network, events, research, etc to find the best founders building amazing products that digitally transform the real estate sector.
- [ ] Assess (30%): conduct initial screening by meeting founding teams, to gain a full understanding of their products & business models and debrief with the Investment Team.
- [ ] Support (20%): support the Investment Team in managing the portfolio, collaborating on in-house research, and other ad-hoc work.
What we are looking for?
We are a super diverse team with very varied backgrounds and know that our next team member will probably not have any particular background or experience. So, we will hire for the best fit. Some qualities we highly value are:
- 🧐Self-awareness: a key part of our job is to be able to build strong relationships with all our stakeholders, the main ones being the founders we invest in. You’ll be someone that is naturally self-reflective and motivated to find ways to build authentic and positive relationships with everyone you interact with.
- 🌟Proactive: we are always looking for better ways of doing things and codifying what we already know. You are someone that isn’t waiting to be handed their next project. You will not only find problems to solve, new topics to research, or areas to help us improve on, but can also take the lead on the initiative to make it happen.
- 💪Independence: you are comfortable working with relatively low level of supervision and can navigate without need for constant input and support.
- 🔍Curiosity: you are passionate about technology, always learning about new products, and pushing boundaries to expand your thinking.
- 📚 ✔Organisational skills: we are constantly juggling with competing priorities and envisage our next team member will need to do the same. You will be amazing at multitasking yet have a keen eye for detail. This should be something that energises you.
- 🔢 Analytical rigour: you are comfortable working with numbers, can draw insights from that data and can articulate them well.
You will have 2-3 years of work experience and crucially will be able to demonstrate how you developed the above mentioned qualities so far.
How to apply?
- Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com.
- Include the role title in the subject line.
- Send along a covering note telling us why you are a great fit for this role. Also, tell us about a PropTech start-up that we should invest in and why.