MMV is a multi-stage, global venture capital firm investing in financial technology, digital health, enterprise SaaS, and cybersecurity companies. We’ve been investing since 2014 and have backed over 60 startups to date across the United States, Canada, Germany, Israel, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Australia.
We have teams in Boston, London and Singapore. Through our presence in the US, Europe and Asia, we offer portfolio companies insights into global markets, and access to significant networks, expertise and later stage capital.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity to be one of our first team members in Europe. In addition to deal sourcing, performing due diligence and supporting our portfolio companies, you will help to shape our regional strategy and culture.
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years of relevant experience, to be based in London (hybrid), with travel around the region to be expected.
- Deal sourcing; direct outreach, attendance at conferences, market mapping etc.
- Due diligence; assessment of team, technology, product, market opportunity etc.
- Valuation and scenario analysis
- Market research; emerging technologies, industry trends, regional dynamics
- Preparation of investment memos
- Portfolio monitoring and support
- Portfolio analysis and benchmarking
- Preparation of management/LP reports
- Contribute to continuous improvement across our investment and business processes
We are a close-knit, highly collaborative team. The successful candidate thinks in terms of “we” rather than “I”, loves technology, developing relationships and helping people to succeed. You are a born networker, get a buzz from doing deals, take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. You either have personal experience as an entrepreneur or a very high degree of empathy and passion to support those doing it. You are fairly comfortable running a deal end-to end, from sourcing to execution, with some support.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in venture capital, private equity or with financial/fundraising responsibility (e.g. CFO) at a venture-backed startup
- Proficiency in financial modelling and analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Relevant network in the start-up community
- Proactive, well-organized, self-starter
- Collaborative approach
- A deep intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning
- Knowledge of financial services, healthcare, enterprise software and/or cybersecurity sectors a bonus
- Regional language skills also a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Life Sciences or other field related to our focus sectors
- MBA or post-graduate qualification in related field desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- Collegial, flexible working environment
- Career progression
- Competitive compensation
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please apply here.