Citi Ventures (CV) is Citi’s corporate innovation engine. CV’s Venture Investing (VI) team aims to deliver breakthrough impact by bringing together leading startups and Citi’s businesses and/or clients to scale innovation and open new pathways to growth.
The VI team focuses on identifying and investing in entrepreneurs who will help define the future of financial services. VI seeks to match business needs from Citi and/or Citi’s Corporate and Institutional clients (“Citi Clients”) with CV’s portfolio companies’ technologies, services and business models. Our objective is to accelerate Citi’s and Citi Clients’ abilities to innovate in a dynamic marketplace while helping our portfolio companies enhance their products and roadmaps and scale.
The VI team is seeking a highly motivated individual to help identify distinctive European startups and investing opportunities in CV’s focus areas: next generation fintech; commerce and payments; big data/analytics and machine learning; martech and customer experience; and cybersecurity and enterprise IT. The individual shall be based in London and shall build connectivity in the relevant ecosystem, identify and source leading startups, perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities and assist in portfolio company management and reporting. The individual shall play a critical role in developing and advancing thought leadership and domain strategy to support Citi’s businesses and selected clients by fostering new idea generation, synthesizing the market landscape, and making targeted introductions that may lead to successful commercial outcomes. The individual is expected to spend approximately one third of his or her time engaging with Citi Clients in these topics.
Position Scope And Responsibilities
- Build a network and pipeline of leading startups in CV’s focus areas
- Meet regularly with VC’s and innovation partners to maintain a pulse on market developments
- Source potential investment opportunities and work end-to-end with MDs on investment execution
- Thought leadership
- Develop points of view on emerging trends
- Contribute to external and internal communications to show CV thought leadership and represent CV at external events
- Internal and client engagement
- Interface/interact with colleagues in business units and/or with Citi Clients to understand strategic priorities and roadmaps
- Lead discussions at internal events (including domain meetings/town halls) and at client meetings and events to represent CV’s view of the market
- Portfolio management
- Assist MDs with portfolio company management, monitoring and reporting
- Work with portfolio companies to help align product roadmaps with key industry challenges and introduce them to relevant colleagues and Citi Clients
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier program, preferably in an analytical discipline
- Years of previous experience in venture investing at a venture capital or growth equity firm and/or in a corporate venture setting
- Experience in Investment Banking or Strategy Consulting or Product Management is a plus
- Ability to navigate a large financial services company, and engage senior leadership
If interested, please apply here.