Salesforce Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is one of the most active corporate venture capital investment groups, with a portfolio of over 180 enterprise cloud startups in 14 countries. Salesforce Ventures is tasked with long term value creation by helping maintain the company’s competitive advantage, and advancing its strategic objectives by (i) identifying growth opportunities within new markets and new technology segments (ii) evaluating investments that leverage these opportunities, and (iii) managing investment deal execution and portfolio monitoring processes. You will be a core part of a small and dynamic team. In October 2015, we announced a commitment to invest $100M in Europe given the level and pace of innovation, and our portfolio companies include the likes of Automile, Carto, DigitalGenius, NewVoiceMedia, Onfido, Privitar, Qubit, Sigfox and WeFox.
- Manage the entire investment process from sourcing investments through to screening and final due diligence
- Actively monitor the investment portfolio and work with portfolio companies as needed
- Monitor, research, and develop investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies in the enterprise SaaS ecosystem
- Develop relationships with salesforce ISVs, venture capitalists and entrepreneurs for potential investment opportunities
- Assist in planning and developing programs and events to promote and market Salesforce Ventures and our 1:1:1 model of integrated philanthropy with portfolio CEOs, VC’s and start-up executives
- Add value to portfolio companies by providing resources and events for portfolio executives that leverage salesforce technologies and our knowledge base
- Build presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning and deal evaluation efforts for investments
It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills. Intellectual curiosity and true passion for technology impacting both consumers and businesses is critical for success in this role.
Professional Experience/Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution; MBA is a plus
- +10 years experience, including substantive experience at a top-tier venture capital firm, consulting firm or technology company with demonstrated experience with the investment process. Prior experience in Corporate Development is a plus
- Solid business judgment and strategic thinking skills
- An understanding of and demonstrated interest in cloud computing and emerging enterprise and business technology trends
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well under time pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success
- Salesforce product and technology knowledge is strongly preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
If Interested, please apply here.