EMVC is a next-generation, growing Venture Capital fund focused on early-stage fintech, insurtech, and consumer innovation in India and other emerging markets that will transform the world. We are seeking a Principal to join our investment team in Mumbai or Bangalore. Qualified candidates will have at least 7-10 years combined experience in direct investing as well as investment banking/management consulting/corporate strategy, including sourcing and executing venture deals within the financial sector. [Please do not apply if you do not meet these qualifications.]
This is a unique opportunity to join the founding team of a world-class early-stage firm on a partner-level track.
* Manage deal evaluation and due diligence processes for seed-to-Series A opportunities, prepare investment memos, and present thoughtful and rigorous analysis to the Investment Committee to assist with investment execution
* Establish new and enhance existing relationships with founders, entrepreneurs, and industry leaders to source world-class opportunities
* Support, engage, and mentor portfolio company founders, which may include sitting on Boards at portfolio companies
* Research and monitor new markets and industry trends within fintech and insurtech both in India and internationally, conduct outreach to companies
* Maintain pipeline and portfolio management processes, tools and deal tracking
* Ensure that investment and portfolio performance is routinely assessed and that reports are prepared on a timely basis for internal review and sharing with investors
* Act as an ambassador for the fund and its portfolio companies by representing their respective interests at technology and investment conferences and industry events
* Strong early-stage investment track record as a Vice President or Principal at a Venture Capital firm or corporate venture capital/strategy group (5+ years direct investment in addition to any other relevant work experience i.e. investment banking or management consulting)
* Deep knowledge of—and connectivity in—the Indian fintech or financial services ecosystem (trends, investors, products)
* Strong and relevant educational background
* Entrepreneur-centric orientation, ideally gained through experience in a startup or technology company operating role
* Deep resourcefulness, hustle, integrity, and passion for analytic rigor
* Competitive compensation package
* Be part of a genuine, entrepreneurial founding team looking to make a difference
* Location flexibility
* Opportunity to grow professionally with the firm – it’s Day 1 for what we are building
* An opportunity to work alongside smart, talented and driven colleagues and some of the best entrepreneurs in India and the world
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. For any questions please reach out to email@example.com.
If interested, please apply here.