BASF Venture Capital (BVC) is part of the BASF Group. BVC invests in young, innovative companies to develop new technologies and business ideas for the BASF Group. Our investments focus on highly promising, innovative, chemistry-based technologies and new materials with favorable market opportunities. The identification and the testing and learning about new business models is the key mandate of BVC. The BASF Venture Capital team is distinguished by a unique combination of technical, scientific and financial expertise.
- Work closely with the Indian Venture Capital Fund that BASF Venture Capital recently has invested in, in order to analyze their deal flow, learn about venture capital investments in India, and to identify direct investment opportunities for BASF Venture Capital
- Data analysis of relevant start-ups and venture capital funds in India
- Performing quantitative and qualitative search on specific markets, technologies and business models
- Building and maintaining relationships with other Venture Capital companies in India.
- Collect financial, technical and market information to prepare investment decisions
- Working with German headquarters and local colleagues on due diligence and ongoing transactions.
- Connect to the local business units and to the German headquarters for technical and business support of portfolio companies, and to generate learnings for BASF from the development of the portfolio companies
- Bachelor or master degree in Finance or related discipline
- 3 – 4 years of experience
- Excellent capability in written and verbal English.
- Proficient in PC skills (including databases) & Microsoft Office skills.
- Demonstrated interest in investing, in technology and in entrepreneurship
If interested, please apply here.