Established in 2010, we have built our way up to becoming a leading tech investor in Europe with €70+ million under management and a portfolio of over 25 active companies in different growth stages from all over Europe. We are passionate about backing visionary, exceptionally talented but at the same time humble founders and have been fortunate to work with founding teams of companies, such as Pipedrive, Stripe, Detectify, Silexica and many more. Our approach as a VC is very service-oriented, providing full support through a proactive partnership, such as operational help in core business development tasks and support in HR & recruiting processes.
We are a small and ambitious team, that values a great working culture and whose daily work is characterized by flat hierarchies and open communication. Working alongside our Partners, you will get to know the exciting and highly challenging work of a Venture Capital in Berlin and be in charge of your own projects & deals from start to finish.
About the role:
As an Analyst/Associate at Paua Ventures, you will be an integral part of the investment team. You will help to identify and win the best start-ups in the European ecosystem for Paua and gain deep insights into our diverse portfolio of early stage and growth companies, as well as into our investment process.
As an Investment Team Member you can expect on a daily basis to:
- Source potential investment opportunities in Europe
- Analyze and evaluate businesses by conducting due diligence and reference calls, researching industry sectors, interviewing the founding teams and checking financial models
- Attend events, meet entrepreneurs and build relationships with founders
- Take part in keeping our own investors informed by helping to prepare materials for quarterly updates and our annual meeting
- Support Paua Ventures’ portfolio companies as they grow their business (this can include analyzing competitors, market opportunities or attending board meetings)
The person we’re looking for:
We are looking for a person, who shares our love for technology and start-ups, who is enthusiastic about identifying and winning the best deals and who is keen to work with amazing and inspiring founders from the very beginning of their journey.
You are the perfect fit, if:
- You have minimum 1 year work experience in a high preformance environment (e.g. Top Tier Consulting, Investment Banking, Tech Start-Up, or similar)
- You have a passion for groundbreaking technology and a good understanding of the start-up scene
- You are a digital native, have an entrepreneurial mindset, are naturally curious and love to check out new and innovative products, which can impact the way we live and work – it’s a plus, if you have already made your own first entrepreneurial experiences (e.g. founding or being part of the early stages of a start-up)
- You are an independent thinker with excellent analytical skills and always willing to challenge the mainstream mindset
- You have strong written and oral communication skills and a “roll up your sleeves” and “get stuff done” mentality
- You love meeting people & entrepreneurs and have build up already your own strong and diverse network in the European start-up world
- You ideally have some basic coding skills (Python or R), but that’s not a must
- You are a great team player, but can work also independently
- You’re fluent in German (minimum C1) and English; further language skills are a plus
Does this sound like you?
Then we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV and let us know about your earliest possible starting date.
Sounds like a dream job, but not like yours? We would appreciate, if you would share our job description with your friends and network. Merci! :-)
If interested, please apply here.