Samsung Catalyst Fund is the evergreen, multi-level venture capital fund of Samsung Electronics, investing globally in the new data economy and strategic ideas for Samsung’s mobile, semiconductor and consumer electronics companies.
Samsung Catalyst Fund is looking for someone who has the depth and experience to access deal flow with vision and focus. We are looking for a successful investor, someone who has seen multiple investment cycles and has proven judgment.
As one of the largest technology companies in the world, Samsung has incredible resources. The team has made a high number of investments worldwide and provided a significant amount of capital for multi-stage ventures in the past year. This access to capital and deal flow will be attractive to the best investors in the market.
- Strong track record across Germany, high-margin, high-tech companies and the ability to work with affiliates to create value in the long term.
- Adaptability and insight in identifying new time domains and an intrinsic understanding of global technology trends and applications.
- The investment prizes are broad: whether investing to get big people into the business; Investing in ideas that Samsung could eventually acquire, or investing for strategic benefits. To be successful, the right person will be creative and know “which rocks you turn around”.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, has enormous amounts of energy and an innate sense of where the future value lies.
- Someone who is a team player and can generate his own deal flow and attract market leading companies. You are the kind of person that will take Samsung to the forefront of disruptive technology investments in the eastern US and Canada, and you’ll have a real sense of how to do it.
- The right person will really understand the scope of this opportunity and have the drive and ambition to use Samsung’s financial, technological and operational resources to make incredible flagship deals across Germany and Western Europe.
- Samsung’s internal relationships are critical, and you need to be able to nurture relationships across the organization to benefit everyone.
- You will be an intruder who has natural gravitas and strong communication and presentation skills. You will realize that it will be important to your future success to build your own reputation within the company, from the junior analyst to the leadership of Samsung Electronics.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS / EE / Physics is required.
- Previous experience with a financial VC is a plus.
If interested, please apply here.